My TB175 has a plugs on the outside and roof for accessories like lights or beacons. It's a little smaller than a cigarette lighter but looks like the same principle. I would like to attach a beacon to the roof. Anyone know what plug type I'll need? It's not in the manual. Thanks.
Yes, they are a small aux plug in. European machines usually use them for beacons. Check page 13 of this hella book. If you order a beacon through JCB they come on them, although you will pay an arm and a leg for them. Check with your local suppliers like acklands grainger http://www.hella.com/MicroSite/soe/...ads/J00271_Elekt_Steckverbindungen_EN_HKG.pdf
So this plug type is called a "Hella plug?" So something like this could convert to a standard outlet? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0042EYTEI
I would see if you can get just the end at a local supplier or get a standard outdoor 12v plug in and wire it to the machine and make the hole larger in the roof to fit it.
But you think that's the correct plug right?
It certainly looks like one to me but you should be able to find just the end.