Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s a mini skid steer?

P7M8 ยท 2004-11-04 19:37

Is it like a Dingo?

Replies19
  1. #1BRL2004-11-04 20:45

    Well that is technically using skid steering method, so those machines could be classified that way I guess. I never heard that term used before actually. I have seen some skidders that are so small I don't think I could get in them lol. Or if I did, I'm sure I wouldn't last long in them working.

  2. #2Cat4202004-11-04 21:31

    Bobcat makes one that will fit through a backyard gate. That would be "mini" in my book.

  3. #3Tigerotor77W2004-11-04 22:05

    Mini skid steers are usually smaller than the smallest cabbed skid steer loader. The Bobcat MT52, Toro Dingo series, Ramrod, Kanga are all examples. Basically, they lift around 500 pounds and are either walk behind or stand on.

  4. #4Squizzy246B2005-09-11 03:01

    I think this site explains it although I tend to call the sub-2 tonne skids mini's http://www.hewlettequipment.com.au/thomas.asp?sub=5&txt=5 Cheers

  5. #5crazycajun2007-07-01 20:16

    whats the biggest skid steer?

  6. #6Squizzy246B2007-07-02 05:03
  7. #7thejdman042007-07-10 20:44

    I think a mini skid is either like a dingo or some of the smaller skids that are small enough to put in the back of a pickup

  8. #8Cowboy2007-11-02 22:30

    I was looking at a New Holland for my horse barn that was only 35" wide at the widest point... Dingos as we call them are small as well but they are usually walk behind units.

  9. #9EquipmentEditor2007-11-09 17:07

    Construction Equipment did a roundup of mini-skids a couple of years ago. At least, this is our definition... http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6307059.html

  10. #10helpfulneighbor2008-10-04 23:24

    My neighbor has a Bobcat model 773 would that be considered mini? He's got it stuck and can't get the hydraulics unlocked to tow it. Any suggestions?

  11. #11Bellboy2008-10-05 04:14

    Down here we have one called a K9, one you ride on the back of, and while the outline is of a skidsteer, it has no cab, and the controls are very different. I think Vermeer and Hyundai also make em.

  12. #12Countryboy2008-10-05 23:58

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums helpfulneighbor! :drinkup

  13. #13racsan2008-10-14 02:21

    i saw a cute one the other day for sale, only 2,500. wish i could have snagged it. didnt sit out front for sale for very long. cant remember the name, it was yellow with black. not a very common equipment name.

  14. #14Andy1127892009-01-21 12:38

    does anyone know any older model/brand skid steers that are equivilent to a rc30?

  15. #15cat 226b22009-08-29 16:03

    :drinkupoops

  16. #16Squizzy246B2009-08-29 21:30

    Not with tracks but both Thomas and (down here) Toyota make mini-skids that are comparable in size and weight to the RC30.

  17. #17australian pete2009-10-09 06:44

    hi squizzy, i have occasionally noticed a post from some one with banned written under their name, does this mean they have been banned from the site ?

  18. #18wecanie2010-05-31 22:36

    Here are some pictures to explain it clearly! http://www.wecanie.com/show/photo/Robot/robot007.JPG http://www.wecanie.com/show/photo/Robot/robot006.JPG http://www.wecanie.com/show/photo/Robot/robot008.JPG http://www.wecanie.com/show/photo/Robot/robot023.JPG http://www.wecanie.com/show/photo/Robot/robot022.JPG

  19. #19Orgnoi12012-04-26 08:45

    I would call a "mini" skidsteer any of the compacts on the market without it being specific to walk/ride... the 463 - T70 Bobcat is definately a mini....