Got a question for you guys! Trying to sell and older Prentice Loader and truck... I have no idea what it's worth... can you guys maybe give me a few estimates of what I should ask for it? The loader runs and works pretty good, got some oil leaks though. The truck runs good, no smoke, no major leaks, but the clutch slips some in the higher gears. Maybe ya'll can tell me what I should ask for it, and what the least I should take for it is? Thanks for your help!!
As much as you can get. Lol I would think the truck be worth $5-7k. I have no idea what the loader is worth though.
LOL I heard that, I'm thinking about just posting it on craigslist and a few sites with a high price and work down from there, I just hate to be that idiot that everyone else is looking at saying "He thinks THAT is worth THAT????" THANKS!
Well, you'll know pretty quick if its too high. Better would be to advertise it as "Make Offer" then you can take it from there.
This trailer mounted 210B sold for $8,500 at auction this Dec. http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=10445183 The results were from here: http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/r...xtSearchKeywords=prentice&idxSearchCategory=0 Here are some other for sale listings: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=31444&Manu=PRENTICE&MDLGrp=210 It seems the upper end of the prices advertised is about $25K. That is from dealers, so higher than a private party sale, typically. Based on that you have a high oh $25K and a low of $8,500, so you have something to work with. Hope this helps.
I would do some research on Craigslist. I doubt that you will get much out of it in this day and age. The truck chassis looks to be pretty much gone, and with DOT as strict as they are, you would be rolling the dice every time you moved it. It would probably be worth more of it were trailer mounted. I think you're looking at an asking price of about $6000. Nothing at all wrong with your question; I suspect you may have inherited it as part of an estate. My gut feeling is, you would be doing well to end up with $4000. Please let us know how it works out. Best of luck to you.
http://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=62500.0 http://eastnc.craigslist.org/hvo/4760905580.html http://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=44824.0 http://charlotte.craigslist.org/hvo/4754329125.html
Thanks for the replies! I've got a guy who is somewhat interested in it for his sawmill, just to unload logs there... and I think this would be an excellent use for it. I just don't know what to tell him for a price, and I don't want to sell it to him for 1500 bucks if that's all he says he can pay for it! I own a small land clearing service and bought this as part of a package deal with a skidder and shear, I'm keeping them, but this loader has just been sitting since I bought the equipment and I really don't have any plans to use it. If I ever decide to load a few logs to send to the mill, I can just load them with the trackhoe.
It should be a good fit for a sawmill.
I'd hold out for a bit more than $4,000, but otherwise I agree entirely with Vigilant. The floor is what it would pay to "drive it across the scale" or maybe even less. You might get lucky, but I don't see $10,000 as very likely.