So Dad bought this pretty cheap with grand plans to make a base for it with fork slips and use it as a forklift jib. With the P&H, and the F800 digger derrick truck, as handy as I'm sure that jib would be, it's kind of redundant. With me needing a dozer and the shop coming in WAY overbudget, I think turning this into money would be more usefully. So if ya'll were looking for one of these, what would be a fair price? Paint and cable are good, and I was shown pictures of it working. Reason it was removed was because the company changed insurance their service trucks were no longer allowed to have cranes for some reason. As usual, thanks for any and all info.
I don't know what it's worth, but one about that size is on my wishlist. Houston's a bit of a trek though.
Easy 3500-4000 bucks.
Here's one in St.louis for sale $2650 https://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/5981027300.html . looks like its just smaller than yours 2700lbs cap verses 3200, a lot of guys now want 5-6000lbs and up capacity. Yours looks like new, but you won't get near new price for it, sorry. slap it on craigslist for 4k and see what happens?
Ohh I knew that, $4,000 works for me. Dad paid $1000 for it, so it's all good. Just trying to get an idea of the market value, as I knew we got it cheap, and I'm not really familiar. Every little bit helps.
Looks like it's had very little use and in good shape . Auto Crane 3203 ? http://www.autocrane.com/html/service-cranes-eh-3203.php?expandable=0?hotlinxhdr=0 Found a new one to get an idea . http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Crane-3203-PRX-BRAND-NEW-2017-MODEL-FACTORY-SHIPPED-/272293091052 I might ask half price of a new one to begin with and strongly consider offers of $ 3,500.00 to $ 4,000.00 like RZucker mentioned . Have a moderator put the thread in the for sale section . HeavyEquipmentForums
I ran across the new price a while ago, but I forgot it. It wasn't cheap though. Huhh, I need to pay better attention. Hadn't even noticed this forum had a for sale thread.
It's been my experience that used service cranes sell for about a buck a pound of capacity. but this one is a bit nicer than most.
I think you are pretty close RZ .
Drop it in the for sale section & see what happens Bro . Someone that has a need & immediate use for it would buy it .
Sounds like a plan, I'll do that when I'm ready to mess with trying to sell it. May be this summer before I have time.
People at B & B crane were really nice and helpful, they know all about these and considering its condition they might help sell it or buy it off you. (256) 634-4000 , they're in Alabama.