Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s the best place to order Case 580c brake parts from?

Digginit580c ยท 2014-07-19 20:15

I can't seem to sell my 580c even with the freshly rebuilt engine. I think it's because it needs brakes. So. . I'm reluctantly going to dive into fixing them and the seal that's leaking on the right side. It's leaking quite a bit these days from the right side brake cover so that seal conning of the axle shaft must be toast. It's got zero breaking power now so I'm assuming I need new bands for sure. Maybe more. I just got this thing last year, had the motor rebuilt, and used it a total of 3 to 4 hours. So I don't know anything on the history of the brakes as far as when they quit working or other specifics. Any suggestions on where to start digging in?

Replies1
  1. #1pfer102014-07-21 15:52

    Tractorstuff has been helpful and prices are good. www.e-backhoeparts.com Give them a call as they pull the parts for complete brake jobs all the time. You might pull yours apart before hand.