Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s the trick?

PeteS ยท 2023-11-22 13:52

Is there any trick to tightening the ball linkage screw for the shuttle shift of a Case 580B CK? It's about a foot into the steering tower and super hard to get at. I can't seem to get a socket on the nut due to clearance. Maybe if I had two extra long open end wrenches? Figured I'd ask to see if someone else has been through this. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-11-23 03:37

    Looks like you could put a box end ratcheting wrench on one side. Perhaps a long flex bar bent at 90 deg's. and a crows foot wrench on the other nut. You could also hook 2 wrenches together. They'd have to be the same size but you could get some long coupling nuts or a bolt and nut bolted tightly together and wrap some duct tape to hold them together. Then you'd have double length wrenches. You could also get some cheap wrenches and weld an extension on them.

  2. #2Vetech632023-11-23 07:37
  3. #3PeteS2023-11-25 14:37

    Thanks Guys

  4. #4edgephoto2023-11-28 00:35

    Gear Wrench ratcheting box wrench