Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s This For?

Claus ยท 2017-09-29 10:44

Loop on the back of my 450 ROPS........

Replies9
  1. #1JPV2017-09-29 10:51

    Hanging your tow strap for quick access is what I would use it for. Don't let osha see it, doesn't look factory

  2. #2Claus2017-09-29 10:52

    10-4.

  3. #3Welder Dave2017-09-29 20:18

    Track shovel?

  4. #4old-iron-habit2017-09-29 21:09

    My 455D had the same thing on it. I believe it is factory.

  5. #5JPV2017-09-30 09:14

    I see, then I am curious what they intended as well. Could be for a shovel.

  6. #6CavinJim2017-09-30 09:38

    Handy place to hang a winch hook?

  7. #7DMiller2017-09-30 10:22

    I have one on the Allis, I have a double eye'd drag cable I swing off the pin hitch as a just in case, had to hang it to keep from dragging it.

  8. #8Bls repair2017-09-30 15:22

    Hanging your hard hat ,If you set it on any thing it bounces off and you run it over

  9. #9franklinute2017-10-06 08:46

    I have the same ROPS on my 1978 John Deere 450C except mine is painted black. I don't have the loop like yours. It is a good idea. I generally tie or wrap extra chain around the ROPS.