Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s up with Randy?

BPMfore · 2014-12-03 07:04

I haven't seen much of what our resident grader operator been doing lately. Hope all is well.

Replies11
  1. #1Tinkerer2014-12-04 06:30

    Do you mean Randy Krieg ? I hope he is ok. he hasn't posted anything since 05-17-2014, 09:10 AM.

  2. #2BPMfore2014-12-04 20:01

    Yes, that is who I meant.

  3. #3digger242j2014-12-04 20:31

    If you visit his profile, it shows his last activity here as 10-25-2014 09:03 AM. That's still a couple of months, but not quite as long ago as May, obviously.

  4. #4Randy Krieg2014-12-04 21:40

    Still Kickin I remember that guy, last I heard he traded in his motor grader for a Bright Red Camaro! https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=768105216560858&set=vb.100000841613556&type=2&theater We're doing well and having fun..................

  5. #5Moonlite2014-12-04 21:45

    Nice ride. Tell a little about it.

  6. #6akpolaris2014-12-04 22:02

    Not on the ice roads yet??

  7. #7Randy Krieg2014-12-05 07:14

    Akpolaris; I’m not planning to return to the ice road work this year. I’m presently working at Caterpillar’s Tucson Proving Ground and I like this weather far better than the North Slope’s weather. Unfortunately I can’t talk much about what I do here, can only say it’s very challenging and exciting. Moonlite; In regards to the 67 Camaro SS; it’s powered by a 468 BB Chevy with a Brodix top end, runs 13.7:1 SRP pistons hooked up to Carrillo Rods, .700 lift roller cam topped off with a single 1050 Holley Dominator. Last weekend out ran a 10.12 @133.56mph. Lots of rejetting and adjusting since moving the car from Alaska to Arizona. Finally getting it dialed in to this track and altitude. My wife and I have a lot of fun with it.

  8. #8akpolaris2014-12-05 12:25

    Randy the weather up here probably can't compare to Tucson. It isn't cold enough to freeze up the Shav River yet but the thermistors (sp) say it is cold enough to spread water on the tundra to pioneer the roads

  9. #9BPMfore2014-12-05 19:07

    Glad to see that you're enjoying things Randy.

  10. #10JDOFMEMI2014-12-07 18:50

    Looks like you are getting adjusted to the desert life. I hope to get to the proving grounds one day, it sounds like a great experience. Nice rides. Glad to see you are still checking in from time to time.

  11. #11Frameroux2014-12-08 04:53

    Randy, glad to hear from you. Have fun with the Camaro. Looks like a beast! You can come test it in South Africa. They are currently preparing a piece of land (Hakskeen pan/ Heel lake) close-too where I live for the land-speed record attempt of the Bloodhound. They want to do a 1600km/h in the beginning of 2016! check it out... www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/h...land-speed-record-attempt-complete-2013-09-06 www.bloodhoundssc.com/fia-world-land-speed-record