Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s with all the consultants???

B.U.S.I. ยท 2011-01-10 22:44

Ever notice how the number of contract administrators, consultants, bean counters, lookie loo's has grown in the past few years? Today on a jobsite we had a work crew of 4 doing a small 3 day project. At one time I counted 8 representatives from the city, engineer, environment, highways!!! This can't be cheap! No wonder taxpayers complain about rising project costs!!!

Replies2
  1. #1Water Doc2011-02-13 09:36

    I've found an increase of consultant administered jobs in my area for the last couple of years. The municipalities seem to be using them as a scapegoat. Just another set of people to point the finger at when their poor designs don't work out.

  2. #2koldsteele2011-02-13 10:15

    yeah and one job creates another one ....Out here in the country we used to have a Conservation man now theres 3 ...Air quality , Soil quality and Water quality ... That means two new salaries ....what next Urban Water quality and a guy for Rural Water quality ???:Banghead