Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what size screens for diamond z tub ginder

tnc110 ยท 2015-11-25 06:48

I would like to know what size screens to get for a diamond z 8000tkt. first grind was done with 4x6". We tried a progressive setup with a 1.5" first sceen and a 3x5 on the second screen for the 2nd grind, but Im not happy with the product. This setup makes an inconstant mulch. I would like a fairly fine mulch with nothing over 3". I think the 3x5 is allowing too big of material through. What would be a good combination? I'm thinking progressive is not the way to go. Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1Landclearer2015-11-27 17:12

    We run a Peterson 5710d and run 3x3 hex screens on both first and regrind. It is a little slower on the primary grind but you get a real consistent product. You might also try 2x2 on the second grind.