Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What trencher is this?

Michaeljp86 ยท 2009-04-07 20:44

I got this at a auction for $525 and dont know the model number. I want to find a manual for it. I have all the parts for it but cant find a tag or any numbers on it. The hood says case davis and the backhoe is a SD 100. Its powered by a VG4D v4 wisconsin. The trencher is about 8ft tall, anyone know what the model number for this beast is?

Replies6
  1. #1ben46a2009-04-07 21:07

    Ist generation ditch with, my grandfather had one, minus the chain trencher,, his was just the hoe. tough little machine. ill see if i can get a model for it. Thats actually the only other one ive seen.

  2. #2Goose2009-04-08 20:04

    it is a 25+4 or a 30+4

  3. #3Michaeljp862009-04-08 20:08

    I seen a 30+4 and it looks smaller and doesnt have the same hood.

  4. #4Goose2009-04-09 20:35

    Is there an ID plate on the engine still that tells the horsepower of the engine? If it has a 25 hp engine in it and it was the original it would be a 25+ 4, 30 hp = 30+4 etc.

  5. #5Michaeljp862009-04-09 23:15

    It had a VG4D wisconsin, it supposed to be 37hp from what I read.

  6. #6Goose2009-04-10 20:50

    you probably have a 40+4. I cant find my book on the 40+4 but the 25+4 was22.5 hp an the 30+4 had 30hp. I could see them calling it a 40+4 with 37hp