G'day guys iam looking at getting a new Komatsu PC200-8 and i all ready got it hammer piped but iam wondering whats going to be the best hammer for the job a lot of people in australia swear by the Jap fukawa hammers but iam hearing some good reviews on Korean and some chinese using korean parts whats your guys suggestions?
You have two things to consider. First; price. Pay the money for the big names, Atlas Copco, Rammer, NPK, etc, and you'll bet a breaker that's reliable over the long haul. Or spend less money for other brands, you may score one that provides awesome service, then again you may end up with something that is broke more than it beats on rock. That brings you to the second thing to consider, parts availability. Whatever brand you get, make sure parts are readily available because sooner or later any hammer will need parts and you don't want to have to fly a heavy piston half way across the world on an airplane when you're in a pinch. I can't answer for all the Korean hammers, only experience I've had with them is with one particular brand (which I won't name), purchased a used one at an auction and it's been a reliable work horse. Given that experience, we purchased a larger unit of same brand, new hammer, and it was a POS that couldn't stay out of the shop from day one.
Also guys and thanks willie59 for the feedback i was told that fukawa and some other bigger brands use a larger piping then say soonsan or some of the others has anyone else found this?
If you want a cheaper breaker unit that's quite reliable, you can install a SOOSAN 70 to your PC200.It's a korean made breaker which in my experienced is quite good.
We run indeco and love them. Never had a problem and I think the hit hard.
I would go with a bti. The bxr 50 would be a good hammer for a 200. They only have 2 moving parts and are very simple and hold up well.
Posted May 5th, 2012.............. I have EXACTLY what you're looking for! I just bought 2 BIG breakers today and am going to sell them cheap, so I can make someone REALLY happy!!!I also have several extra bits for them and each one has the mounting adapter with the 4 big pins in it!! The bit on these things are about 4-5 inches in diameter! I'll know more tomorrow as they're still on my trailer. Your pick - $5,000. Buy both of them and I'll give you the pallet with the 3 extra bits and a 2 ft. tamper bit for FREE!!!! I'm in Northern Illinois and will assist with shipping to any city in North America. Call me NOW at 815 - 973 - 8128. PLEASE -NO EMAILS.
legman firstly they sounds too small and also would not suggest spamming on here and I am outside the US
Take the furukawa F20 and they should tell you the size diameter of the hose to use for this specific breaker in relation with the oil flow needed.
Welcome legman1957. Take a look at the Forum Rules Page From the rules" So are the breakers yours personally or do you sell equipment/products commercially? If they are yours personally, then this advertisement needs to be moved to the "Wanted/For Sale Forum". If you sell these or any other goods commercially, consider this your freebie introductory post and any other advertisement will be dealt with accordingly.:cool2