I am looking for snow pusher that could help me in everyday snow cleaning on the driveway and parking areas and that too with minimum maintenance while not in use. Any specific ones that are affordable and can easily fit on my tractor. Thanks to all for your responses.
"Tractor" is a pretty broad description. Care to elaborate as to brand and model? Mike
I guess we need to know more about your driveway size/type and your tractor/skid unit to give the best advice. Since there are so many different types of snow storms, a variety of different tools is usually required. I don't think there is a 'single' perfect snow removal tool that can handle ALL types of storms and drifting conditions. That's why most outfits have a few tools at their disposal. A good approach is to have something to handle light snow we get 75% of the time, and another tool for 25% really heavy snow and drifting. Then ya have to look at the length of your driveway, if it's paved or gravel, your age, budget, willingness to operate certain types of machinery and where you can put the stuff when you aren't using it. If you are commercial plowing, that's represents other factors. If your tractor has a quick-attach, and you want to stick with a 'typical' tractor, a blade and pusher would probably do light and heavy snows. Scan Ebay and Google and see what combos allow you to quickly attach the pusher. Sorry, I can't suggest specific pushers. But if you have a lot of paved areas, one with a poly wear bar will give you a nicer finish than a steel bar. Truthfully, the most versatile all-around tool for moving a lot of snow on long driveways or lots to me is a plow on a pickup truck. That's why you see so many. They work great for light snow, most drifts, heavy snow, gravel or paved drives ....and do it very quickly. Plus, you're sitting in a warm cab, perhaps in shirt sleeves listening to your favorite radio program. Tractors are a cold way to move snow. A tractor/skid with just a bucket can take forever in what a truck/blade can do in a short time and unless you have a heated cab with a skid loader, you're going to come into the house chilled to the bone. If you have a driveway that sees extremely heavy drifting, a "V-Plow" can go through what a regular straight blade plow wouldn't. And a "V Plow" can scoop snow too somewhat like a pusher. Not a lot of maintenance on a plow. You can buy a used plow for $2k down to a couple hundred bucks depending on the unit. When you're done with your drive, you can drive on over and plow out the neighbors and make a few bucks or be the 'nice guy', whereas a skid loader or tractor needs to be trailered to different lots. To me, a plow truck is a fun tool to use, like using a nice welder or a plasma cutter. It's actually fun and I look forward to snow storms so I can plow. Plow trucks have some limitations: they don't work very well on short residential drives where you'd need to back drag a lot, and do add 'some' wear to a truck if you use them 'rough'. If you already have a bucket on your tractor and your driveway isn't too big, and especially if you don't mind the elements, a blade on a 4wd ATV or Gator works great, and the tractor can get you out of trouble when the big ones come. But there again, you're sitting out in the cold with snow in yer face. I've moved snow just about every way and I still would rather get into a warm PU anytime.
To directly answer your question; A snow pusher is a very, very basic "tool", most with no moving parts. Your question is kinda like asking what kind of shovel should I get (they are basically all the same). Start at size (width) then weight (sturdyness) then options/features and price. We need a little more to work with here to give much advice.
I really appreciate for all the responses I received here. How about using a Backhoe Snow Pusher or a Skid Steer Snow Pusher? Do they fit to my needs of snow cleaning? ol’ stonebreaker.. I got two diesel compact tractors with 36hp and 46hp.
Well, you still havent described your sit-oo-ation. End of Lake Ontario piling it 20' high ? Pavement or gravel ? No room to overpush it ? (maybe need a snowblower) Need to shovel it up and put in truck ? (FooFoo flower gardens all around it ?) Flat or hilly ?
Digger Doug or anyone.... Concerning a pusher and your statement of "Pavement or Gravel". What type of pusher are you suggesting for one vs the other. Or what if you have a mix of both to do.
I only use plows (just my driveway) it's gravel, I take it really easy until I get a good freeze, to keep the gravel from getting plowed into the ditches. After it ices over, I can get going with down pressure to scrape it better, and it rolls off better. 2700' down and then back is a bit much for pushing levers on my skidsteer, so usually use tractor with back blade, then trim out the turnarounds and such with the skidsteer. February, it's getting too high to plow, so windrow with plow on skidsteer, I can get it piled pretty high (8' or so). Only people around here using snow pushers is parking lots, I see they have a rubber edge, but no parking lot I know is gravel (maybe a trucking company yard, but I have not noticed)
Well the pavement is what I am thinking about. Do not have to load it in truck, its just to clean up the driveway most of the time.
This is good info, hopefuly some one can chime in wih some more tips.
If you have a lane just put a angle blade on the front of your largest tractor and windrow it to the down wind side. Don't need to push the entire length unless you absolutely have to.
How much snow do you get there in India Sam1491?? Why are you masquerading as someone you are not?