Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Whatcha eatin?

Countryboy ยท 2007-02-15 03:05

Alright fellers, lets talk FOOD. opcorn I just make my PB&J sandwiches before I go to work and take them with me and I donate a little to the snack machine fund.

Replies14
  1. #1cat d92007-02-15 13:01

    It's winter here and I'm in the shop most days, it's pizza, sandwiches off the Schwan truck and nice cream for me. I must have gained 20 pounds in the last 2 months, I sure like nice cream!!

  2. #2Lashlander2007-02-15 22:34

    I haven't seen the Schwan man for twenty years. I miss looking up and seeing him coming down the road. The best ice cream ever. :yup

  3. #3Wolf2007-02-16 03:22

    And what do you eat for lunch usually? How about snacks on the job? How much water do you drink during the course of the work day (not enough, of course).

  4. #4biggixxerjim2007-02-16 08:01

    Ill bring 1-2 peanut butter sandwiches for before and after lunch, maybe some drinks, when its hot my gallon of water. I try to eat litttle meals often throughout the day. I usually bring them with me and then when lunch comes around Ill go out and maybe just get a cheeseburger.

  5. #5CascadeScaper2007-02-16 13:29

    Usually a gallon, if not more water a day when it's hot, especially if I'm running a plate compactor or doing pipe work. Somehow pushing SDR together always makes me break a sweat. If I'm just in a machine all day hogging dirt, obviously the physical strain is much less (and the doors and windows are closed with tunes and A/C cranked!), but I usually like to stay on the water pretty heavy.

  6. #6komatsukid2007-02-22 16:15

    i bring lunch with me, but there is a little bar just around the corner, mushroom and swiss burger!!! oh man are they gooooood!!!!

  7. #7Steve Frazier2007-02-22 17:18

    That has turned out to be my favorite burger combo, just add fried onions!! I used to carry my lunch to save time at the jobs, but I often find myself pressed for time in the mornings leaving myself no time to pack a lunch. I end up grabbing a sandwich at a nearby deli.

  8. #8komatsukid2007-02-22 17:39

    hey guys, does Stanley still make their lunch box and thermos sets. my dad had one for years, the thermos was held on the top of the lunch box by the handle, i think. my little plastic igloo has some body damage. (i droped a few times.) its time for a new " Feed Bag".

  9. #9Countryboy2007-02-23 19:33

    I think if you look at Walmart you will find some. I remember seeing some when I was there one time but I can't remember what section they were in. I don't think it was the cooler section though.

  10. #10komatsukid2007-02-23 22:19

    hey thanks for the reply. ill have a look next time im there.

  11. #11Ford LT-90002007-02-24 00:17

    After watching a quite a few episodes of the British show you are what you eat I'am laying off the fast food. No more greasy stuff for me I also been having my cholesteral checked and its high not good when your 30 years old I rarely pack a lunch somedays all I have is bottled water and some pop but the other times I will grab something from the grocery store. If I'am going off into a remote area like one of the lake side cabins I will carry a lunch and I will carry TP when nature calls. I was doing a job about 6 years ago only guy on the site frigging hungry it was 5pm or so. The place I was removing demo debris from was a summer house being renovated. I went into the kitchen to see if there was anything all I found was a unopened box of cherrios. I ate 1/3 of the box had no milk so it was dry but it kept me going till I got the job done. Some of the people I worked for made me lunch which is a bonus Another bonus is working of the retires they make you stop and have lunch some of them will ask if you want anything from the store.

  12. #12activeorpassive2007-03-07 23:35

    Usually take my lunch. I am fortunate enough to have a wife that packs my lunch in the morning. But let me tell you... if your wife packs your lunch and you end up buying a lunch, you better get rid of that packed lunch. The Mrs. doesn't like seeing the effort wasted. At least that's my experience.

  13. #13Jeff D.2007-03-08 00:06

    I've a trucking friend who's wife is from a very poor part of Europe. She doesn't throw anything eatable away. She sends him out the door with a packed lunch every morning, but we're often stopping at Mcdonalds for lunch instead, at his request(but I'm told too never speak of this fact in certain company ). She actually sent him out one day with pizza from the night before, for lunch, but she put leftover tuna fish on the pizza too. :throwup

  14. #14Countryboy2007-03-08 00:42

    Awww, thats terrible. :spaz I don't like tuna anyway though. It just took one time of forgetfulness for me to get the lunch making job. She made me lunch and I forgot it on the table :nono . The next day I asked where my lunch was but instead of a bag I got a little lecture that was something along the lines of "I remembered to make your lunch, the least you could do is remember to take it". This is why I take PB&J with me to work now.