Just wondering is there any skid steers or excavators made in the USA. I heard Takeuchi's were being manufacutred or assemblied some where near Alanta. I'm finding that alot of companies dont like to disclose where there product is from.
Yes Takeuchi does have assembly plant in Georgia. Kobelco excavators also has a plant in Calhoun,GA and New Holland has a plant in Carol Stream ,IL for excavators and other equipment.
JCB as far as I know will be making some of there skidsteers in there Georgia plant also, dont know what else they will be making that place is like a small town its so large
I think almost every skid steer or CTL is made in the USA. We are the largest buyers of these machines so that makes sense. IHI is the only one that can think of that is fully assembled in Japan and shipped over.
Junk
Takeuchi is still built in Japan. Their Georgia plant is a clearinghouse for parts and machines. Takeuchi was putting a different cab on the Gehl/Mustang machines in Georgia because they wanted a lower overall height, but that relationship is over.
You know its funny you say that, even thoe i read in an article saying it was over too. The new machines all 3 companies just released look again the same??
Bobcat was invented, and has been built about 80 miles from my house in Gwinner, North Dakota. BUT they were recently bought out by Doosan which I believe is Korean.
I bet that Gehl/Mustang copied as many of the good things they liked about the Takeuchi that they could. No sense in reinventing the wheel, and I'm sure they sold them long enough to discard or not repeat the things they didn't like. That's probably why they still look similar. Incidentally, IHI makes a CTL that looks eerily similar to the Takeuchi as well.
The new JCB skid steer was the first product for JCB that was completely engineered, designed and built in the US of A! 65% of skids sold world-wide in North America....go figure!
I am looking for a skid steer, and do want to buy US made, I am worried about quality and parts availability of those built over seas. With a Korean company now owning Bobcat, what does this mean for the brand?