I operate a 350G with a GH18 npk (8500lb) hammer , the hammer is attached 95% of the time but a job has come up where a bucket is necessary. Its a pretty isolated area and I'll likely be switching attachments alone , the Salesman is pushing a manual pin grabber style but I'm saying that sliding that 75lb pin in and out will be a pain especially this winter. I was pushing the wedge style coupler but am open to suggestions. Hydraulic pin grabber is out of the question
I have a couple of craig wedge style couplers and love them don't change buckets much they are manual but if we change very often would get the hyd kit for them. one of them has a built in lifting eye on it thats the only thing I missed from the pin grabber style
I'd rather slide the safety pin out of a manual pin grabber than be threading/unthreading bolts on a manual wedge lock
thats the way I would go except I was wondering about lining up the pin (either pulling it or putting back in) with the hammer laying down. otherwise the pin would be 8 ft off the ground (if the hammer was standing/hanging)
Why not hydraulic?
I,ve talked to a couple manufactures that have said a hydraulic won't last on a big hammer.
It should slip in and out fine if you have the hammer curled in so its low enough to the ground, that is as long as the coupler is curled in tight to the pins.