Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Whats the deal with this??

CAT D9H · 2009-05-25 01:00

I was looking on Flickr and came across this , couldnt find anymore pics of it , anyone have any info about a 939C like this? This picture is not mine , so I cant take any credit for taking it

Replies12
  1. #1bill onthehill2009-05-25 06:39

    Looks like a 939 outfitted with lgp swamp tracks for harvesting lettuce and loading trucks. forklift on back to carry and loader to stack it with.:beatsme

  2. #2willie592009-05-25 09:46

    That's pretty sweet having a forklift on the back.

  3. #3CAT D9H2009-05-25 13:58

    I was also wondering if Cat built that or if some farmer thought it up and put it together

  4. #4joispoi2009-05-25 17:31

    I think that it was probably designed by the farmer. It wouldn´t be too difficult to set up a track loader like that. A quick connect on the bucket will let you add just about anything to the front and adapting a set of forks in place of the ripper wouldn´t pose much of a challenge.

  5. #5CM19952009-05-25 20:15

    The undercarriage is what's interesting. Who makes that?

  6. #6nzpatch2009-05-26 00:59

    Wow a high drive track loader, and they said it could'nt be done! Would it be more tippy or would the xtra track out the back help?

  7. #7joispoi2009-05-26 13:02

    Good catch. I missed that. Look at the loader arms. That´s not even a production track loader. It looks like a high track D4 with an after market loader attachment (trima or similar maybe?)

  8. #8CAT D9H2009-05-26 16:21

    Exactly why I posted it , I knew it would be simple to add forks on the front and fairly easy to convert the ripper , but the U/C is what has me puzzled

  9. #9kanewolf2009-05-26 18:21

    I think you can even STILL see the blade cylinder above the front of the tracks..

  10. #10CAT D9H2009-05-26 19:33

    Its a 939C , you can tell by the ROPS supports for the cab and also by the fuel and hyd. tank that it was never a D4 or a 5

  11. #11CM19952009-05-26 20:03

    I agree. 939C D4H The machine started as a 939, you can see the differences in the rops and upper structure like D9H said, plus the undercarriage is different. It's some sort of aftermarket add on undercarriage on a 939.:beatsme

  12. #12bear2009-05-28 03:50

    Looks almost like a skidder that's been converted with the drive sprocket where it is. but Cat do have some odd track configs if you want them.