What's the guess on this trucks speed, never mind the fact he is probably that companies best driver.
Didn't look like he ever went over 60 near the end.. but them paper rolls are heavy!
After watching it and the distance he covered once he took the escape ramp I'm guessing 80 plus, towards the end he was using three lanes to make the corners.
At first I thought that footage was from Cabbage... 'til the Spanish babbling started.
Yup there was some babbling-but what is your estimated speed Rob?
I'm thinking close to 80 at the end. The cop car seemed to have a bit of trouble keeping up.
He's climbing out of the roof of the truck/ sleeper at the end isn't he? Its a miracle those paper rolls didn't go right through the cab, I think a little jackknife and the truck going over saved his life, twisting the truck away from the front of the trailer. He wasn't moving super fast when the video started with all the brakes smoking, but he was really picking up speed toward the end.
Had to be under 88 MPH or the flux capacitor would have sent him back in time! At one point he was moving, the white lines were zipping by awful quick.....kinda like they do on the turnpike when I’m headed home on Friday in the Pete....in the show off lane.....
My guess was 75/80 too. He was extremely lucky to walk away from it!
At the end his speed was about zero! That's pretty scary and I can attest to rolls of paper being dang heavy. I work for a printing company and have moved many rolls of paper. It's nothing for a couple of them to get a 15,000 lb. forklift up on 2 wheels. Good on this driver keeping his cool on what had to be a terrifying journey. Phew!
120-130 km/h (whatever that works to in MPH). Do they seriously ship crap like that loose in vans? That's kind of scary.
They absolutely ship stuff like this not tied down. If you are lucky they'll block it into place but often not. We move 2000 lb skids of ink similarly. Would make quite a mess if something like this happened.
Paper rolls for newspaper come in a semi trailer just sitting loose.
Wow. That just seems dumb. Glad I have zero intentions of pulling a box if I ever decided I wanted a break from wrenches.
I shouldn't have said "we" move ink similarly. The company I work for loads trailers similarly and the carriers do whatever they want with it. We do have some tie-down restrictions but typically with large crates.
We have an Ice Mountain bottled water plant about about 25 miles north of us. Lots of them switch freeways here in town. 25 mph ramp elevated 3 stories. Lots of barrier wall "riders" tipping over (to the left) on the other freeway. Only one took a ride to the ground. His seat belt saved him. MDOT has added many signs so very rare to have any crashes there3 anymore. So the steering wheel holders wind up their rig to 60-65 on the westbound freeway. The next curve is a left hand curve so when the shrink rapped pallets of water shift, the trucks tend to go to the right. No barrier wall so off the road and down the bank they go. Yesterday it was a load of furniture grade particle board.
We've got one like that at the I-75N to I-70W interchange. Several times a year we hear about trucks tipping over there.