what is the smallest machine yall own
Weed whacker
Not a pic of my smallest earth mover, but similar...
i don't even have one of those
Besides a shovel 17 mini ex
I carry two different ones of those on my service truck, they are handy as a shirt pocket. As far as machines larger than a lawnmower, I have a Ford 3400 industrial tractor, and a Ford 4500 Backhoe. They only occasionally get involved in any money-making endeavor. The smallest thing that works for a living is a D21 Kommatsu, The smallest thing that works everyday is a Case 580superK. I am looking at a 299D Cat, but....
I dont own anything smaller than a weedeater. Now my woman?! She owns and runs a blender, toaster, microwave, etc......
Boy, I hope she is illiterate....
Weed Wacker, Leaf Blower smallest, handiest is my Stihl Arborist chainsaw. Self propelled is a 5hp Lawn Boy the wife toys with, claims she mows the lawn with.
how is that one
hope your yard anit to big if shes mowing with that
Handy as a shirt pocket and punches outside it weight class your not doing mass ex or grading but when you need to get in places it's a winner also I have used the backhoe to swing it over a fence
I do the REAL Mowing with a 2305 Deere 5' deck and a Stihl 4mix weedwhacker 2-3 hours every week!! She MAYBE mows a tenth of the yard by the front door. Trim work!
see I just bought a zero turn because I wont to sure about those drive over decks but having a small lawn mower like that with a loader would of been great
ive looked into one for some small jobs in tight fenced in yards since the 40 cant go in
The smallest piece of iron I own that produces is probably the one that has made the most return on investment - a trench roller. Bought a Wacker years ago at auction for $2800 and it's compacted more CY's than I can count without one parking lot or building pad failure.
I kept one of those on rent for about 3 months, back when they first came out with the wireless remote. It was a very impressive packer for it's size (and a lot of fun, too).
We made fun of minis for years but kept getting request for them so we penciled out needed 4 days a month for the year to justify it we did double that the first year we owned it and been chugging ever since
Little Hydrostat mowers/tractors are somewhat handy/unhandy. Loader is fine for loose light fluffy stuff, heavy dirt or rock and have to counterweight the rear beyond tires position, already added rear wheel weights and fluid filled rear tires, not enough. Don't have a drive over on this one, is 12 years old, slides out from under sideways so a PITA to get at blades/belt/drive heads or to lube. Tires are also problematic for lawn, too aggressive for damp grass/slopes but less than aggressive for working soil like running a tiller, lots of slippage. Have their plusses but similar negatives.
I haven't done the math yet I just know that the 40 anit getting in some of these jobs and even then people are worried about the ground disturbance so one of those seems like it be the way to go
hmmmm I know the price is high as hell for one to when I was at the Kubota dealer a guy was looking for one and they said 21k but it did have the loader backhoe a bush hog tiller and box blade but that was high as hell to me for what they are. I like my zero turn but it will hit soft spots in my yard and it will mess up the grass but it is what it is
I would like to have a 305.5 mini sometimes but can't justify the cost for what it would earn, cheaper to rent for what we do.
I want a 35 but this year out of about 60 10 of them were overmatched for the 17 either in amount of digging or the ground is really tight and hard to dig but about 30 of the jobs we have done a 35 wouldn't fit in cause you cant get thru the opening We looked at the 305 size machine a while back a lot of guys have them but almost 95 percent of jobs a backhoe can do and the other 5 percent the 17 will handle I might be a broken record and people might disagree but for what a 305 costs I wont buy one I have backhoes and when they are well handed they become the most versatile tool in my arsenal and cant be replaced so the overlap in size wit 305 to 308 size it never made sense to me
I like my 40 the 305 was nice but my cat dealer is far away and I liked the Kubota guys near me. I want a 308 honestly im not that big of a fan of the kx080 Kubota has
I got my backhoe and I got my mini but those openings are gonna be the pain most of the jobs right now ive looked at is just French drains or pulling up shrubs
i mow my yards with few head cows but my wife has big john deere and a koboa zero turn mower
Hahahahahahahahahahahahah!!
Kubota K008-3, for weekend warrior jobs. Done a lot of very limited access jobs, stump removal, etc. It’ll do anything I need it to, just need to be patient. I tow it with a Suzuki Jimmy
Nice ih100! I would like to have one of the Kubota mini backhoes that can also carry a belly mower - I think it's a BX80 subcompact tractor.
ive seen a few people around just put in the back of the pick up trucks and just haul it like that
Mobile/portable equipment? A Gardner Denver S83F jackleg drill. Weighs about 140lbs with a leg mounted. Fixed equipment? We've got a lot of small bench-mounted crushers, pulverizers, and the like at our lab.
Two years ago my wife wanted a PT30 to use to clean out her goat barns. I can do all but one with our RC85 but she wanted the PT30. She found a used one in KY at a rental yard and we drove up and looked at it, and made a deal. Now it goes out on jobs in Nashville to get between the houses about 10 days a month. Standard question, where is my T Rex (what she calls a Terex). Answer, it is out on a job. Her reply, don't forget my rent check.
that's one thing ive never looked at is the terex brand stuff a kobleco dealer sells them here
My back would appreciate that.
Terex is /was the same as ASV
and aren't the little Komatsu a handy machine with the 6 way blade. I have one but my son "borrowed" it about two years ago. And too handy to return it.