Hello Everyone,I just bought a 79 580c thats in fair shape(4600 hours). I have not ever used a backhoe before!! I'm tring to dig up some pretty large pine stumps, How strong should the bucket and pull arm be?? Is it OK to hold the levers(tring to pull or lift) if I see that it's working very slow under heavy loads?? Is there a built in pressure regulator that protacts the pump and rams // How often should the Hydraulic filter be changed?? And at what rpm's should I keep the engine while I'm digging(1000-2000) Thanks Everyone!!!
to start welome. I would first change all fluides and filters unless you have the old pm schedual. When your trying to dig you have it pretty close to max rpm's unless your just doing some finish type grading and you don't need the power. as far as the pistons i think if your pulling on the stump it will lift the machine before anything else. But when digging stumps i like to dig around them and break the roots then they pop like a turnip. if they are close to the surface i just try to pull it with out digging the moat.
Thanks CAT, That's what i've done, I have dug around them ALOT(there huge) One I got today,And the other I'm working on tomorrow. I have all the major roots uncovered and I'll cut with a chainsaw and then dig somemore!! Thanks!!