Any ideas what this truck would be worth? 2000 c7500, 3126 B, 400,000 miles, 6 speed trans, Bed has pull out drawers, and plenty of storage, hyd air-compressor, Tires in very good shape. Would it be worth $10,000? $20,000? Just trying to get an idea.
400 thousand I would say it needs overhaul unless in has been done and the crane is not retracted all the way ant time I see that makes me think it my be bent
I would say the crane isn't retracted to keep the block from hitting the light below it.
The bed and the crane is where the value is. How rusted is the bed? You can see some rust in the rear fender well. The truck with 400K miles is worth $2000-3000. The bed, depending on condition could be worth $5-15K. The crane in good condition is worth $3-4K. That would be local pricing here in Central AL. I priced a new 550 and Maintainer bed with crane back in 2007 and it was around $80K out the door. Didn't pull the trigger.
The middle picture is a different truck? Bad: 400k (but most likely has a newer engine), GMC, no work bumper, CDL Good: Heavy body, 20' crane, hydraulic compressor, lots of vertical storage, enclosed bed Add a work bumper and you'll have a truck that would sell for $20-30
Hyd. compressor means the PTO has been running with no mileage increase on odometer ? So no hour meter ?
That's a pretty light crane for a rig that size. Around here it would probably pull around $8k-$12k with the mileage. A dealer would probably put $16k-18k on the window. Greyson
I watched about 6 of these sells at an auction a couple months ago that belonged to the railroad. They all brought between $5000-$7000 each. They were in decent shape with less miles. Hope that helps.
Well ended up buying one of them. Yes the middle picture was a different truck. They had 2 identical trucks same year same bodies mileage within 5K of each other. I got it for $10,380. Seem to think it was a decent buy. If the truck last a couple years good will purchase a later model cab and chassis then. I don't think I will need a crane much over 6000# so it should be sufficient. Slight amount of rust over rear wheels but no holes. Has to have work bumper added to rear (good call).
I think you did good ship660.:thumbsup What's a new truck set up like that run now $150K?
Not real sure. I know the guy I work for in the summer bought a new steller body for his 99 International 5 years ago and I want to say it was around 50K for it. Put that on a new truck and 150 would be close for sure. I bought this for part time use so I dont have to depend on it for a living. Some of you might know I am a school teacher 9 months out of the year so I will just use this in the summer months.
I bet a dollar the it wont hit the light with it all the way in and cable suck up tight
I have almost the same body on my truck, I love it. I have the same crane, the only thing I wish it had is a manual 3rd stage but it works fine. I like the manual controls sticking out of the back. If the remote gives trouble for some reason you can manually get the job done and the crane put away easily. I think you did fine for the body alone if it isn't rusted out underneath, the truck is a bonus.
where were these for sale? I'm in kansas hunting a used service truck.
I bought the one in the middle picture. They are at KCI auto auction in Kansas City MO. They still have one because it hasn't brought the reserve yet.