I would like to know what everone is currently up to in the Pipe-underground field, the pile-driving crazy bunch, the road reconstruct guys...the bridge demo and rebuild bunch, all the field pipeliners. Give us a heads up on the current job yer on.Building demo crews, The Steel plant shutdown guys on the relining projects....lets hear form ya......Currently myself I am involved in a project called a "ringwall". In a brief sense. a tank at the Detroit Marathon refinery was taken out of service and we are constructing a wall of concrete under the 200 foot circumference of the structure to give it a solid platform. Anyone else done this kind of work>?
We are involved in land development/homebuilding (general contracting) and apartment management. We have been waiting for a month for a building permit to start our new house, working on some landscaping around our buildings, and remodeling an apartment unit that caught fire (whenever we get to it). Nothing with heavy equipment currently... Any pics of that project, insleyboy?
i'm the King of Obsolete marketing my lifestyle in the great white north. my job title is everything, i can be on a 1947 d6 9u then on a brand new backhoe trying to get the project done. i'm not the best operator but i usually get the job done. thansk KoO Published Author
just a gp operator. hoe, loader, dozer. not the best, but i'll make the day
My crew does site development, everything from mass excavation to utilities and finish work. We work on a lot of commercial jobs, have done some residential developments in the past, but specialize in large scale commercial work. Since I'm new on this crew, I've been running roller, but Friday I was told I would be running a small Komatsu dozer so we'll see what happens. Just started on this crew last week, so I feel good having been told I'll be running dozer soon.
Cascade you were involved in a family biz right? What happened to that?
I am a small residential land developer, do it all from the dirt all the way to the finished home. Right now I am completing the first home in a five lot subdivision, will be putting in the water, sewer and power shortly. In the next couple weeks I will have closed escrow on a property, and demo an old crack house and start on a four-plex.
Confused.....
Dazed and confused here. Pete
Well the last few days I've been setting up a jaw and a gyro crusher as well as the feed belts, after that it's back to aggregate mining, whoopee!
I load trash bales onto railcars, take out the trash, i do the maint. on the equipment, everything.....................
I am a project Superintendent, aka. Industrial Babysitter, for a small development firm. I oversee the construction project, and manage all the subcontactors. My current project is a 25 unit Townhouse project close to University of Akron. See: http://www.spicervillage.com I am also overseeing a fraternity house and the new Greek Village development at Kent State. I dont get to run equipment very often anymore, nor strap on a toolbelt. My next project is 2- 52 unit apartment buildings, including demoing 8 houses, and 2 apartment buildings. We are also in the process of developing a 105 acre site for a retirement community. That should be a good dirt work project.
My dad still does landscaping/hardscaping on the other side of the state, just doesn't do excavation anymore. I was really bummed to see the 312 we once had get sold off, but I'm much better off learning on someone else's dime and going the apprenticeship route. I'm working on jobs that I wouldn't get the chance to get on had I not gone this route. In the end, everything worked out for the better.
:idea Umm let's see - Head laborer, janitor, accountant, project manager, field super, part time 1/2 ass equipment operator, President, whipping boy, inspector's punching bag, CEO, CDL truck driver, estimator......................
No pic's Stretch. Camera's are good way to get fired in the refinery. I may find some old ones if I ask the right people though...stay tuned!
crack house When are you gonna demo that old crack house? What kind of equipment are you going to use, man? Are you putting the four-plex in its place? Put up some pictures of the demo and the new construction.
arn't you the HR person to.......
Actually that is the wife's job description..... (On edit, I want to clarify that my wife works for the company )
Crack house Hi wolf I was talking to my partner today and he's faltering on the crack house deal, I think I can talk him into it though I will be using the 120 deere if it all goes through. At this point it looks like it might be a teardown and sell vacant lot for below value for quick sale(The price I am paying is very reasonable)I will post pics whatever happens):drinkup
Officially I'm the Director Deputy Director of Fiscal Policy......(note that I said "Deputy") Director of Operations - I drove the excavator today....my man is in Fiji on holidays Director of Equipment Recovery - I get the excavator bogged today....good thing my man is away so he didn't see the boss do what he's been told not to do Communications Director - my new "contractor" phone spat the dummy and refused to work so I called the phone mob and abused them when I got home. Director of Logistic Support - I had to drive the truck Director of Maintenance Operations - I had to grease the excavator Marketing Director - I was going to call the newspaper to put my ad in again but my phone crapped out and I missed the deadline ointhead Director of Geo-Physical Anomolies - I'm working on the side of a hill. Some numb nuts raised a road up on a clay base which stopped the natural drainage occuring down/out the hill. When I dug into the upside of the road it was a bit like the little boy pulling his finger out of the....errr.....hole in ..no wait (no dutch terminology for seawalls)......it was more like popping the cork from a champagne bottle....hence the bogged excavator! Director - In order to get rid of the water in hillside I dug a ditch across the road and down the hill....so I had to direct some local traffic Director - the owners wife came on site and wanted to know where the toilet was...so I had to "direct her" to the loo ....(thats not true I just made that up )
Good too see you are politically correct! Actually I'm 180 out from most you all, I was an equipment operator in my teen years, drove explosives in the Navy and ran various equipment during that period. But I'm in aviation safety and I've worked in several different areas and it pays the bill. I'd actually like to transfer into big truck or equipment safety, but that means moving to some old city and I'd rather not do that because I live in the country.
I'm just a puppet I do what I am told.
employee # 11090:usa I run a digger uppy theingamajiggy. so I guess im a digger upper guy:beatsme
Basement excavation. Cat 320D
Just play in my big sand box or here lately in the south my mud pit ointhead
Well I'm not gonna lie guys.... I have a pretty complex job. I am a canine fornication engineer....... Actually I run a backfill crew. Doin a nice little commercial job right now.
Moved over into the safety department, just trying to keep guys and equipment in one piece and putting a sensible and logical approach to safety legislation.:bash
I'm a design engineer, I just like to play in the dirt in my free time ......and when the wife tells me it would be nice to have this or that done around the barn :notworthy.
gave the last 20 odd years at all aspects of civils now I'm a civil servant,as things here have gone to pot just heard on the news that a good medium sized civils company went whallop to day Howley Civil Eng 250 full time staff lost their jobs no mention on the agency numbers though :crying:crying:crying:soapbox
Ummm......Wal-Mart, or as the unloading crew calls it "Hell on Earth!"
House Hubby for now( don't want tot alk about why)!!!!!!!!
self employed, I drive or use a: check book shovel pick rake dump truck excavator roller dozer skid steer greese gun wrench broom pressure washer laser level I could go on and on and on but who wants me to do that.
My main job is excavation at our quarries, namely stripping for further expansion but I also, move equipment, aide the crushing plants and sand plant, turn wrenchs on equipment, fabricate and weld, parts runs, drive dump trucks, load trucks on larger rock jobs, and pretty much anything else that the bosses I have ask me to do. If I'm not doing somthing that HAS to be done right away there is a good chance I might bounce around to help the others as needed. I'm kinda the go to guy to fill in alot as I can and WILL(unlike some) do anything wether I like it or not(such as today being stuck running dump truck all day). Trbo
employment#81466 Jack of several trades operator.:usa If I got a key for it, I'll try anything once!:cool2.... Just can't promise I'll be great at it
Today it was 1) excavator operator in charge of erosion control for first 7 hrs. 2) water truck technician in charge of dust control for 1 hr. 3) 980 Cat loader operator loading triaxles in quarry for 3 hrs. 4) skilled and confused about what to do next in between 2 hrs. Burnout has the job description I assume the crew I work with goes by, but I'm too new with the company to take the responsibility of assigning a title.
I sit in a big metal cage for 10 hours a night....I'm the night shift tool crib guy I have test sets, hand tools, slings, torque wrenches and anything else the Navy needs to fix and maintain 30 aircraft (AV8-B, F/A-18 A to F, H-60, T-39, HH1-N, AH-1W, AH-1Z, UH-1Y and UAV's) On the weekends I play with my Grader
Unemployed first year apprentice. I was working as an oiler on a drill rig last week. Before that ultility equipment operator in a limestone quarry.
Position description. Hi, Folks. I guess you could say that these days I'm mostly into manufacturing flat ground - levelling house sites ready for building. Lately though, I've been engaged on earthworks for extensions to a local waste water treatment plant, mostly spreading fill hauled in by 5 tandem-drive rigid tippers being loaded by a 33-ton excavator and a 21-ton excavator - between 2,000 and 3,000 cubic metres per day with a Cat 943 track loader with a 4 metre wide spreader bar clamped in the 4-in-1 bucket. This job is a pleasant change from the normal flat ground manufacture. I also get to do some repair, maintenance and welding work in the workshop in wet weather. Funny thing - very few of the other employees get called on to do any of this work.
Here is a real title - but the work is WOW I have just been appointed as Project Director, but what is in a title anyway - I am a scinetist...but I like to dig in the backyard with Guess what - I am suppose to get 15 "qualified and experienced" operators for FIVE Liebherr R9350 YES 5 of these monsters will soon be in Dubai UAE Along with a complementary supply of trucks, sorry KOM 785, 15 going up to 30 dumpers. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYONE WHO WANT A WINTER VACATION IN DUBAI?? 3-6 MONTHS OF TRAINING "excavator" operators to drive things monster, sorry again excavaters and dumpers????? If so email [email protected] / [email protected] ..
I´m on a little gig scooping 5,000+ cu. meters of gravel out of a quarry and loading it onto trucks.
I pretend to be a fireman then go home and pretend to be a farmer and in the winter months pretend to be an operator for a road mantanence dept.
Howdy Tester! I know the drill, it is a living eh:thumbsup After the Navy I worked at Strike test for Dyncorp wrenching on Hornets and Prowlers before moving to a new and better position in aviation safety.
On the weekdays (except Friday), I'm a college student studying civil engineering. On the weekends, I'm a roller coaster operator. I check seatbelts and lap bars, then push the flashing button to start the automatic ride cycle. It's an OK job, but not ideal - I think I would like it better if we didn't have to clean up :throwup...vomit. Oh well, the season will end soon enough.:beatsme I don't want to get into details just yet, but, starting Friday, it looks like I'll have my first ever job in the earthmoving business! :woohoo I've been looking for a chance to get this kind of practical experience for a long time - need I say more?
Job Description I work for a company that does alot of earth work and fine grading around Richmond... so depending on what the day calls for, I could be doing anything from a long list of tasks. Decrypting plans, setting up the level, scaling contour lines from plans and putting in rough grade stakes. Checking grade after determining subgrades from sectional thicknesses for everything from pans to hoes, loaders, dozers, posi-tracks and graders using said stakes and either a six-footer or a pop-level. All that normally adds up to me running the show including managing cut/fill ops, slab/fine grade crews, load counts and cubic quanities for the day, and being a half rear ended soils tech to make sure the fill is sutible and the lifts don't get too thick, all while the foreman attends to "other things". If noone is there to run the equipment, then I go back to being an operator, which some days means being a one man three ring circus... measure it, cut it, load it, move it, measure it, fill it, roll it then start all over:shf Lately they've stuck me in the new D6K with the TopCon GPS system... nice machine, nice benefits (no silt/safety fence duty), just get in hit the switch and avoid manholes and valve boxes, boring days, but the man who's name is on the side of the truck likes how I run it, so I don't have a choice and I'm really not complaining. Lastly... if I'm not in the machine, and sometimes even if I am, I'm forced to answer questions for equipmentally challenged operators who answer their own questions before they're done asking. So... in shorthand... set grades, check grades, pull sticks, push buttons, talk on phone, point and scream :spaz:cussing:guns
Lots of dirt and rock work. Crushing, loading, hauling, sloping,cutting, filling, blasting and the like. Shoveling, raking, compacting, and about anything else you can think of. The job we are working now is mostly a "Shot rock" job. State highway overpass built from og and elevating 26' with Over 500,000 tons of fill,mostly 1-4' in size. 3' lifts and lots of dozing. All highway trucks "Highspills"/Traildumps coming in so it needs to be Level all the time. Been on the cat for years, but over a year on this job alone. Almost done with it now. Here are a few pics of the perseverance trail where we had to do a full bench cut into the STEEP mountainside. One wrong move and your done. The others are from the highway job I am on now.
lol ohhh that kind of hoe man i was pictureing big hats and cadilacs
I'm a hardcore junkaholic,12 crawler tractors, 14 wheeled tractors, 58 motorcycles, 10 boats,no airplanes yet.I am a part time rock farmer, because I own and run a motocross race track.I am also a full time junk mechanic, and a chiropractor 3 days a week.