Need to move a 42,000# excavator 10'4" wide from Nashville TN to KC, Missouri. Anyone know a hauler and what the cost should be?
You could try Uship on the web, they post bids to move equipment a lot, just a thought.
my guess is $4/loaded mile plus permits
$150 to $175 an hour. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I would gladly pay that for the job. It is 520 miles one way. I have a heavy hauler getting a price for me by the weekend, I will post the price I receive from him.
If we were to move it about $2,400 plus permits which should be around $200 and I can't remember but, I think TN required escorts for anything more than 10ft in certain areas so if you had to go through one of those places it would be more. So I'd say around $2,600 should be okay.
Your not going to get an hourly rate for that kind of distance. BTW what was the quote you received from the heavy haul guy? You haven't posted in a month and a half. Justin
I got the machine hauled and delivered to my shop for $2750.00 This included all permit fees. It figured $5.28 per mile - one way
That wasn't terrible. It was a 5 axle load and most of those 5 axle lowboy loads are going for $6.00 to $6.50 per mile right now.