Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wheel Loader Snow Plowing

[-Agent-] · 2008-03-23 22:11

http://youtube.com/watch?v=skAkLf1qqGs I wonder how the hydraulic wings hold up. Anyway, just another video for HEF.

Replies9
  1. #1DigDug2008-03-24 06:16

    I liike that. Wonder if that is a Volvo bucket?

  2. #2Sparffo2008-03-24 06:22

    The wings are hydraulicly adjustable and the cylinder line is fitted with a shock valve, so if you hit something the wing will just fold in! but if you hit something at higher speeds, then it will quite often bend the wing! an in experienced operator can be really expensive at this type of jobs! at the moment we have -10c and it's snowing... man i could be summer instead :cool2

  3. #3Tegian2008-03-24 09:41

    Volvo doesnt make buckets. It is Swedish made though (There are several makers to chose from) and it got what we in sweden call "Stora BM-fästet" (big (volvo) bm coupler) which is defacto standard here. Would be impossible to sell a wheelloader without it.

  4. #4JD40202008-03-24 23:08

    The wings dont look like they scrape real well. Id go with a Pro-Tech pusher anyday.

  5. #5[-Agent-]2008-03-24 23:18

    Yes I think he only used them to keep the snow from getting out of the bucket and leaving a "bump" when he was going by driveways. He needed something that did more because if he was turning it would just go out anyway... I know the city here uses graders, dump trucks, and pickups for snow plowing, mainly graders for the hills but they leave a huge bump at the end of everyones driveway. I was late to school once because I had to fire up the kubota go down there and shovel it out of the way so my mom could get her SUV over it. I guess we need more volvo's.

  6. #6JD40202008-03-25 16:08

    I watched a video on Youtube where there was a Cat backhoe going by after all the plows, it had a sidewing and would lower it at drives an clear the runoff from the real plows. He was real good at it.

  7. #7[-Agent-]2008-03-26 14:27

    I saw that video also, I think it was up in canada? Thats what we need...

  8. #8MKTEF2008-03-26 14:56

    Here is a video showing the same type of bucket. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e_wGYsi0Qc And this guy has grader steels on the wings, hinges is so solid that he can use force on them. He scrapes real good with that bucket here in our camp.

  9. #9thejdman042008-03-27 13:45

    looks good