Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

wheel loaders agricultural farm breeding farms

trombeur · 2016-12-02 04:42

What do you think of industrial machines for agricultural use? which in your opinion the best? What do you think of the caterpillar 924 K ag handler? is a good machine has good performance, compared JCB Komatsu John Deere, where the best, thanks to the next aspect opinions https://youtu.be/gh0g_mdmvQI https://youtu.be/6jfp2MThJh8 https://youtu.be/Y7cl9JSv8vk https://youtu.be/aHFNaybpGb4

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies13
  1. #1Mike Van2016-12-06 05:36

    I guess if you had enough use for it to justify it's cost, o.k. then. No pto on it, not easy to see what you're pulling, as on a regular farm tractor. Some farms use them to load manure, move ensilage, etc.

  2. #2ol'stonebreaker2016-12-06 10:48

    I think a fair size 4WD farm tractor with a front loader with quik tach would be more versatile and probably cost a lot less. Mike

  3. #3trombeur2016-12-07 02:47

    I think even I, if the farm is not the investment for this machine large enough to be very onerous, perhaps should take a used car for the purpose and process, with less investment spending, what do you think, I think the builders are by making these cars and adapt to other specific uses allestendoli differently to tackle the crisis and raise the sales market, is a thought I could be wrong, what do you think, what opinion do you have? farm loader

  4. #4old-iron-habit2016-12-07 17:25

    All the big feedlots and most larger dairies in my 500 mile neighborhood user front end loaders, many with oversized buckets, for handling feed. A neighbor dairy farmer up the road runs his Cat loader 12 to 14 hours a day, seven days a week feeding ensalage to his herd. He has a dozrn tractors and some loaders but says he would never go back to a tractor for that chore.

  5. #5fast_st2016-12-07 17:57

    I suppose it depends on the job at hand, if you're processing silige for feed and you need to move large bulk items, a wheel loader will do a fine job as its loader and dump truck all in one. The loader on an ag tractor is somewhat of an accessory, the prime workhorse is the tail end with drawbar, 3pt and pto. The front bucket is a good spot to put some tools or your lunch Ag tractors do some great things, being a wheel loader or bulldozer, those are not on the list of things done well. Sometimes a big full sloppy wet bucket of something is more than the lifting or breakout force, you likely won't find that in a wheel loader. Plus, having a wheel loader frees up the tractor for field work.

  6. #6John C.2016-12-07 18:42

    Dairy farms with more than 500 head in this area use wheel loaders exclusively. The work feed 24/7 and I've seen tremendous hours on three and four year old machines. The standard machine is a Cat 924 to a 930 with a high lift boom and oversized bucket. I've also seen plenty of Deere 544 loaders in use. Typical operation runs the machine handling feed to around 12,000 hours and then run out to more that 20,000 hours handling manure.

  7. #7trombeur2016-12-08 02:26

    Thanks for your opinions and testimonies https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b1/9b/4e/b19b4e0afc3cdf8fcdd62f7e4843d0e2.jpg

  8. #8colson042016-12-08 16:00

    We have 2 wheel loaders on our dairy farm. We mix feed and move bales with a Deere 304H and move dry manure and bedding sand with a Komatsu WA180. Both very handy machines for their purpose and considerably faster than any Ag tractor with a loader could dream of being. Like previously said, any bulk moving of an object requires a dedicated wheel loader. A tractor is meant for pulling, and they just don't perform as efficiently as a wheel loader in dedicated loader operations.

  9. #9icestationzebra2016-12-08 22:19

    We had a 250 cow heard in Wisconsin prior to '92. After having frozen feed fall on our head one too many times we finally invested in a small Case wheel loader. The shuttle shift and return-to-dig feature were very handy compared to a tractor. Probably ran it 3hrs a day. If you are going to use it around silage make sure it has decent ground clearance. ISZ

  10. #10trombeur2016-12-09 03:58

    what car recommended loader? a friend of mine suggested to me for agricultural use rather than hydrostatic transmission power shift, what do you think, I had spoken well of jcb, they had said very nice JCB telehandler double transmission that you think you have? thank you https://youtu.be/bAoSOHooNhY https://youtu.be/nUroym2qW3Y https://youtu.be/1TTP1ntl7Ic https://youtu.be/ebrgX8euYiI https://youtu.be/R2-XA65ax_8 https://youtu.be/1QoY1yz7_xs

  11. #11colson042016-12-09 08:20

    Return to dig is very handy, though neither of our last 2 loaders has had it working.

  12. #12colson042016-12-09 08:45

    Quite the machine there, trombeur. I've used CAT and Genie telehandlers in construction operations and on drilling rigs, but I've never used one on the farm. They are quite versatile and can be used for a lot of different operations. When we had one during my house construction, we kept finding more uses for it than what we had planned on and it really saved a lot of manual labor. I won't do another construction project without one. They allowed us to accomplish a lot more work, in a much shorter period of time than compared to using ladders and picks or scaffolding. I could see how one like that JCB could be useful on a smaller farm operation where capital is limited and each purchase has to be capable of doing as much as possible. We used skid steers for that purpose and as we grew, we picked up dedicated machines to fulfill specific, important roles like mixing feed or handling bulk product. I do like that hydraulically activated hitch for dropping the trailers. That is a feature I could put to use on a daily basis around the farm.

  13. #13trombeur2016-12-10 06:35

    thank you for your testimony and experiences I will treasure your valuable suggestions