I'm planning a roadtrip down to Wanaka next year for this.
I would like to attend that myself. Nice examples of old iron.
By all accounts it's going to be bigger and better next time. I worked on a job where that 660 was working and was push loaded with a Champion grader. The young bloke operating it wouldn't listen when he was told to slow down and keep the bowl lower, then he rolled it. I had to dig the dirt out of it so it could be stood up.
When do they have it?
https://www.wheelsatwanaka.co.nz/ 3-4 April 2010
A lot of that iron could trigger Mechanic PTSD from years gone by!!! And I resemble that remark!
What model is the IH dozer at the end of the line in post 11? It looks pretty big.
Suspect that to be a TD25
I thought a TD25 but possibly a TD30 or TD40? It looks pretty big.
Mr Millar ,There's plenty of remedies for that in that area, Jetboating,Trout fishing,Bunny jumping, Glider flights or if you're into lycra the world's long Rail Trail plus the Eranslaw steamship with it's triple expansion engines. But wait there's more.!
Only ever saw One TD 30 and no TD 40s, was MONSTROUSLY Huge, this one does not impress to that level. Was on a Spoil Pile at a mine where I believe most ended up much as the HD41s of Allis fame. I am getting to that stage Tones where I wish to slow down some, tour a lot, visit with old friends and put the wrenches away. The scent of warm moist YOUNG female bodies tanning on sunny beaches comes to mind and stirs heart strings!!
The gap between ambition and ability gets bigger every day from now on.
Yes It Does!!
ne`er the twain shall meet
TD25
Awesome photos of some truly sweet equipment! Thanks for posting.
Had not seen a TD 25 in a LONG Time.
this is a Durkin ts24 from back in the 80s
Its Paul Clarkes 25C.
It was a TD 25 C with a TD 20 C next to it and a TD 15 C next to the 20 C. TD 25C was a follow on from the TD 30 after the TD 30 problems were sorted, 25 C was a good dozer in its day. TD 40 was 520hp so in the D 10N , HD 41, D 375 size range.