Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

When Your Not Allowed to Blast

DiggerDaze ยท 2013-04-11 08:58

Break out the trencher. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifvj5VRX8II&list=UUBDziNm8KrCQ4j3sv7ozXeA&index=7

Replies11
  1. #1alco2013-04-11 19:24

    I've always wondered, are they only using the trencher to cut along the highwall? I can see the use for that, but I can't imagine them loosening all of the material with the trencher.

  2. #2RayF2013-04-11 20:06

    Interesting for me to see the hydraulic drive motor wobbling at 2.10. I just did a mod on one to fix that. Wobbling like that chews out the spline real quick.

  3. #3heavylift2013-04-11 23:25

    Here's a better solution, a Vermeer Terrain Leveler. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmo8rTuQMwg

  4. #4Jim D2013-04-12 03:14

    +1 Slow but steady, reduces rock.

  5. #5ben46a2013-04-12 19:20

    They trench every 4 or 5 feet then crossrip it with an 11 and doze it out. They're so close to houses they can't get a blasting permit.

  6. #6alco2013-04-12 19:46

    Thanks Ben, I was wondering how they were working the trencher into the whole system.

  7. #7Slidey2013-04-18 06:40

    I work on the Verm33r 12 and 16's in WA doing surface mining of iron ore

  8. #8christinecambel2013-04-18 08:39

    That machine is amazing. It's impressive how they keep the moving part in tact and prevent them from overheating.

  9. #9Slidey2013-04-18 10:53

    Overheating is not really a problem. The machines here often work in temps of 45c+ without overheating. Wear and tear on the dig chain and GET is more of a problem. That and undercarriage wear and damage to wiring from vibration

  10. #10christinecambel2013-04-22 15:43

    Vermeer created the first hay baler! That's wild. Very impressive machine. Cool video.

  11. #11Dr. Ernie2013-05-26 00:09

    To be exact it was the first round baler, New Holand was the first with the small square baler.