Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where do I find info?

Brandt ยท 2013-06-08 23:54

I traded into a GenSet with a 4 cyl. Perkins engine. The fuel filter housings and bolts are missing. How do I go about tracking down these parts? Is there an aftermarket set up to use spin on filters??

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2013-06-09 02:27

    Get yourself a used set, or buy a Donaldson, Parker, Racor, etc. diesel fuel filter and a water separator. The water separator is first in line, then the lift pump, then the fuel filter and finally into the injector pump. Can probably find them online with a but of searching. Cheers

  2. #2kiall19872013-06-09 05:34

    Alot of perkins 1104d if thats the model use a electric fuel filter/lift pump assembly that bolt to the inlet .

  3. #3Birken Vogt2015-02-27 00:57

    The NAPA filter catalog has categories for filter heads and I am sure the rest of the brands do too....

  4. #4lantraxco2015-02-27 01:04

    Yep, Donaldson for sure, Racor, Fleetguard, all good.

  5. #5pajibson2015-02-27 10:03

    Pics would help. Our Brethren from the commonwealth nations are probably going to have better access to parts and info than stateside. I do have a perkins dealer by me but the net will be your best friend on that project. Have you figured out wich engine it is? I do have some perkins service manuals that I found online. I had to deal with a few of those engines in Afghanistan. mostly on FG wilson gen sets.

  6. #6Brandt2015-02-27 10:47

    I did find a replacement head at a marine supply place. After realizing the cost for "marine" stuff I sent it back, but used the P/N to find it elsewhere at a 65% savings.