Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where do you buy?

All Jacked Up ยท 2009-06-08 21:48

Where is everyone buying there oil these days? I use to buy my rotella T 5w-40 at walmart, but now it appears they stopped stocking it in my neck of the woods.:beatsme

Replies6
  1. #1amunderdog2009-06-08 22:56

    Tractor supply over in the city has good prices. Even had it in 5 gallon buckets.

  2. #2porcupine732009-12-08 13:41

    I was getting the Rotella at autozone for a while. My impression is wally world has some pretty stringent policies for their suppliers, but it would seem odd if they stopped carrying SOPUS products.

  3. #3brushmaster902011-07-16 12:47

    I buy mine from the local farm store in 55 gallon drums. All hydrulic oil, oil, I buy in 55 gallon drums as well as I buy other fluids by the five gallon bucket.

  4. #4Colorado Digger2011-07-22 21:21

    oil and lube we buy 15-40 and hydro in 55's as well. grease by the master pack. it comes from a oil distributer in grand junction which is a hundred miles away. paper towels and such all comes from sams. it is all made by Titan..well the oils, lube and grease. regards, cd :usa:usa

  5. #5icestationzebra2011-07-23 03:55

    I usually get my oil in 55 gallon drums and have dealt with a tote or two. One thing I wanted to make people aware of is the particle contamination that is present in drums and totes because they are not thoroughly cleaned prior to being filled. Numerous times I have been able to see hundreds of particles on the bottom with a flashlight. If I can see it from 3ft away with my eye that is big by engine and hydraulic standards. Those are very large particles that will go through your system/engine before getting caught in the return filter. That is why I filter all of my oil as it leaves the drum. This is such a common issue that many hydraulic component distributors offer ready made "filter carts" for industrial customers. ISZ

  6. #6Tinkerer2011-07-31 15:07

    I ran a lube (grease) truck for several years for a large excavating company. I used an air operated transfer pump to transfer engine oil from 55 gallon drums to the bulk tank on my truck. You should have seen the garbage in some those emptied barrels. Sometimes nearly a half of a cup. A lot of it looked like pieces of rags. 55 gallon drums of grease were just as bad. Some of the drums of grease required me to clean the filter in the dispensing handle on a weekly basis.