I can’t get a mining/construction grease or anything with 5% moly locally. NAPA doesn’t sell the Lucas product in tubes anymore. Most recently I bought Mobil XHP 322 at $6.50 a tube but my sources for wholesale Mobil and Citgo products both got old like me and retired. New guys want list price which is nearly $11 a tube.
Rockauto one option online. Rural King/farm supply for walk in find 3% moly $5 a tube
I had this in the cart in 30 seconds. Petroleum Service Company - Shopping Cart Petroleum Service Company offers lubricants for industrial, manufacturing, automotive, fleet and aviation applications, as well as greases, race fuels, coatings, fuel additives, and more. petroleumservicecompany.com
Amazon, or your local Caterpillar dealer. But, I usually purchase Chevron from the local distributor. Pro tip- damaged cases for 50% off.
I buy castrol pyroplex gold #2 by the case for less than $100.00 and by the pail but I can't remember how much the pails are because I don't go through it as much as the tubes This is the specs sheet https://www.hascooil.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/PYROPLEX-GOLD-pds.pdf
Thanks for the info. I ordered 40 tubes of the Mobil XHP 322 from PSC and even with shipping it was about what I paid the wholesaler I used to get it from. I'm splitting the 40 tubes with a neighbor.
Rockauto.com has Lucas on sale #2 green tubes $3.58ea
I buy grease when it goes on sale with cat, the red grease I was using from tractor supply hit 5-6$ and on sale the cat blue grease was 4.50$. In my opinion on equipment grease is grease, whatever I grease a machine with isnt going to undo the neglect of the operators
Home use Moly or graphite grease is night & day vs cheap red you can wipe off hands no film but company machine if proved or I'll donate cheap grease have on hand in my gun not hear the squeaks
I grease the fittings for every joint on the swing tower every time I use the old girl. I don't want to ever have to do a line bore again lol. The Mobil with 5% moly was 6.35 a tube delivered including tax. I'm sure store brand lubricants are fine, but I had a Jacobsen 2-stroke motor on a greens mower and a hydraulic pump on a ZTR lock up after I switched to store brand lubricants. The incidents happened 40 years apart so I plan on waiting another 40 years before I try that again.
Marine Green is one of the best but expand hard to find here.
Tractor supply. Valvoline grease reads nice including saltwater but not wheel bearing
That’s a great deal on the Cobalt. I picked a couple cases up recently. One of my best clients is a Valvoline distributor. I don’t know anything about it, but I’m hearing good reports. I think it’s marketed to compete with Delo EP.
Valvoline restince to saltwater sounds like a good chassis grease ie road salt /calcium chloride
Valvoline’s Lithium-Sulfonate Complex is great around water.
Lithium no experience outside spray can hyrdrocarbon grease it smells like a good time
Good grease is cheap machine sitting 6yrs grease looks fresh if that morning