In need of some new stuff and thought i'd throw this question out there as i was a bit curious what other people do/think... Do you go for cheap walmart type stuff or spend the extra $$ on the brand names Carhartt/Duluth etc...
I buy Carhartt pants, the light weight for summer and heavy weight for winter. For shirts I just buy whatever I can find that is decent quality that's on sale. Academy Sports runs sales from time to time on their Carhartt pants and shirts from time to time, so I usually take advantage of that. Wal-mart has Fruit of the loom T-shirts with pockets that I buy a pack or two year of. Cheap and disposable when working on equipment or doing other nasty things. If they get stained or torn up, they roll into the tool box as grease rags.
I've been buying Key jeans for a couple years now at the local work supply. Carhartt is so expensive and they don't last any longer, in my experience. I've had good luck with Riggs by Wrangler, the crotch is gusseted well but they are somewhat hot and heavy for summer work but they do last a long time and are also cheaper than Carhartt. Every job I work on requires at least class 2 high vis so I usually buy a pack of pocketed t-shirts wherever and either wear high vis vest or sweatshirt (which is about 8 months out of the year).
Add .com to this: GandLClothing. They have everything you guys need. Many choices including big and tall from many different manufactures. It used to be free shipping all the time, now they went to 5 bux for any order which is still really good. Returns are simple too. I have been a customer for years and have no complaints whatsoever. Believe it or not Kirtland brand jeans from Costco are a good value and fit and wear like a Levi jean. Ron
Costco I second Costco for jeans $13.99