I've been looking all over the internet for who sells tires for my backhoe... I can't find anyplace at all, like a mirror image of TOWN FAIR TIRE for cars that would be for industrial equipment... I need at least one front tire, maybe two... 11L-16 F-3 (10 ply) Anybody know of a commercial franchise?
http://www.equipmentworld.com/categories.aspx?z=199 I saw this list on this website the other night. There seem to be a pretty good list of several tire manufacturers. I have heard of several of them before. This should give you a good place to start. Hope this helps.
Petes tire barn should be one close to you. Either way they deliver too. Will also put on. They have tires for everything. http://www.petestire.com/ They have these four locations in conn. Danbury Franklin South Windsor Waterbury
I will second the recommendation for Petes Tire Barn. If their other locations are anything like the one in Brattleboro VT, they are great to deal with. I have had very good luck there.
They are (thats why I recomended them). I use the one in orange ma. Where's the one in bratt? I am in bratt every tuesday and thursday.
Try OTR tires in your search OTR = off the road
Old Ferry Road a ways past C&S on the left.
Thanks sbrem.
tires sounds like you have a good recommendation in your area. Always try to deal with dealers in your area. It cost to much to buy off the internet, or outside your area. Then if something goes wrong, you have someone that will standby it. Just my 2 cents worth, that I learned from the college of hardknocks:Banghead
Your so right Willis about staying away from the internet for buying stuff, because when you need to return it most of the time I'd get stuck with costly shipping not making it worth the little bit of savings.... and some places you can never get on the phone after the sale... I learned now what I do before I buy anything on line is I'll call the tech support or the return desk to see how good their service is, you'd be surprised how many on line web sites have dead phone numbers to call for a problem. Town Fair Tire said I have to call to get the price... but I rather not at the moment buy from them because I'd like to find someone around my area and establish a relationship that deals with heavy machinery, this way if I ever had a problem with the back tires..... because I know Town Fair can't deal with it.
here is something to consider about buying tires http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897
I use Inter City Tire . I've negotiated deals there that match or beat anything I could find on the web, plus they do the mounting. I couldn't get the links on their page to work, I know they have numerous locations, there may be one near you.
Did you try Don Stevens Tire here in Southington? They have tires for just about anything and they replaced a flat on our buddy's backhoe. Service is great, prices are fair. 60 Curtiss St Southington, CT 06489 Phone: (860) 621-3256
Great info to know!!! thanks for the link!!
Sorry Steve,but I would never recommend Intercity for a wheelbarrow tire.About 2 years ago they ordered 8 trailer tires for me,told me they're in,when I went down there they were the wrong ply,tried talking me into taking them anyway and never apologized for their screwup.All I saw that day was a bunch of chiefs not wanting to accept responsibility.So you know,Ed Perry is back in our area,with his new tire store on top of Brick yard hill on Rt. 44 in Poughkeepsie--no one is more knowledgeable on tires than Ed.