G reetings everyone, this is my first post in this esteemed website and its community. I'm finding difficulty selling my Father's Jaw Crushers. He has two of them and long story short, they might be our last hope for having liquidity after everything fell off. I am forever grateful but I don't know if this might be the correct forum or sub-forum to post. I've tried numerous times to outreach to domestic and international markets but with no luck yet. I don't know why their market is so niche and hard to move such Machines. In addition to that, I don't have connections or relationships with people who specialize in such field (all of the old clients that my Father used to have business with are no longer interested in that line of work). Jaw Crushers are basically heavy-duty machines used to break large rocks, ores, or construction waste into smaller, more manageable pieces in quarries or mines. I tried to post them on FB, promote the listings via paid & organic reach, targeting certain companies & people, word-of-mouth, and eventually contacting websites that specialize in selling new & used Crushers but without any luck yet. I am asking whether any of you can point me toward guaranteed lead or something that I can offer it the Machines and their prices and related information. I am not based in the U.S but rather in a country known for international trades and my Father used to ship Machines all the time via FOB, FAS, EXW terms. If someone can help me out, I would be forever grateful for him. Thank you for reading and I wish you a pleasant and good day!
All the crushers are in a specialized market with a limited number of companies using them. Machines sell when companies need another one to expand or need to replace one that might be damaged to the point of total loss. If you are moving used ones, you have the problem of their current condition. Basically anyone who knows about crushers and crushing knows that they were out as they run material through them. What I'm also seeing in this country is that main stream franchised dealers are taking up lines of crushing and screening equipment. More brand hitting the markets and fewer customers needing something in the current time frame mean inventory just sits until a situation comes up where it is needed. Have you tried consigning with a dealer to sell the machines. If you are in a hurry, you might have to consider an auction.
Thank you for the clarification, I didn't know that. Well, my Father already consigned some people and even with sale interest but without any luck yet. For the auctions, I believe it not might be a vitable option to go with since the two crushers are valued at $70k and going for auction option could also not work out to sell internationally (Jordan --> U.S auction sites). The crushers are used but in a very good condition, meaning that they are 100% operating regardless of their age. Do you know someone who might be interested in such things?
I'm semi-retired now and most of my old contacts are retired or passed away. I think Ritchie Bros has done auctions in the Mid East before, that's a little out of my territory now days. Unfortunately, I think you are in the waiting game at present. The situations in the middle might shorten you waiting period. I would guess there will be a lot of rebuilding soon.
I understand. I completely agree with you, especially with the rebuilding that will happen. Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it!
I just googled Ritchie Brothers middle east and they have a contact form there. Well worth a phone call and they can assist you. Nice thing with RB (and others) is the online bidding. Good iron can go anywhere in the world.
Thank you, Nigel. To be honest, I am growing tired of up-front costs/fees to list anything on their websites. I am trying to find websites/people who can take percentage upon completing the sale.