Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where is everyone? All my kids, er, fleet is going.

heymccall · 2024-03-28 23:27

Auction Listing - Hunyady Auction Company hunyady.com I've seen a very low turn out during preview week. I thought I'd see more.

Replies20
  1. #1ozarkag2024-03-29 22:01

    Hey if you keep all other bidders away I'll get the 2014 Pete service truck. Also here's the auction on proxibid. Took me a minute to find it. proxibid link

  2. #2Tyler d4c2024-03-29 22:04

    I got the sale bill in the mail the other day. I don't care for the auctioner. Pre covid when they did live sales you may as well not show till a hour past start he'd stand there and tell his life story

  3. #3heymccall2024-03-31 14:59

    That was my baby. 325/750 6.7 w/8LL ... 3.90 rear 26k gvw. Right rear outrigger no longer slides out (rust). Averages 8.5 might. Still on original Solo clutch.

  4. #4skyking12024-03-31 18:06

    @heymccall this has to be difficult man. We're here for you.

  5. #5DDoug2024-03-31 18:18

    Have you found any job leads yet ?

  6. #6heymccall2024-03-31 18:32

    I've had 17 offers. One dealer, $30/hr, 7-3 one week, 3-11 next, then back to 7-3, in shop, no road. Nowhere near my money. Another dealer, no road for 6 months, but inboard facing dash cam, and full gps tracking with demerits, once in truck.

  7. #7skyking12024-03-31 18:41

    I take it those were the worst?

  8. #8crane operator2024-03-31 19:30

    I wouldn't be interested in the swing shift either. The right job is out there, just have to keep looking.

  9. #9heymccall2024-03-31 19:36

    Oh, I gots me one. They is all Kobelco in the large hoes. In a truck, in the region, home every night. They no have any Cats.

  10. #10Tyler d4c2024-03-31 19:42

    That swing shift wouldn't be in Murrysville at the cat shop by chance was it.

  11. #11heymccall2024-03-31 19:47

    Nope. I suppose it no matter if I tell now. Cranberry.

  12. #12Tyler d4c2024-03-31 19:56

    I'm sure it been the some how to put this nice circus

  13. #13crane operator2024-03-31 20:04

    That's great to hear. Hope it goes well.

  14. #14Truck Shop2024-04-01 18:16

    That right there says they don't trust their employees, otr I can see it but not in repair.

  15. #15crane operator2024-04-01 18:31

    That might be coming straight from corporate, HR or safety. Or even their insurance carrier. I trust my guys, but when the insurance carrier says "dash cams", if I don't have any alternative insurance sources, unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to have dash cams too.

  16. #16Truck Shop2024-04-01 19:55

    Oh I agree, but on the face of it it's not morale builder.

  17. #17skyking12024-04-01 20:56

    It's a bit of a slap coming from @heymccall s long term job. It is a hard step from a family shop to being a corporate drone.

  18. #18heymccall2024-04-06 13:29

    Well, it's over...well, almost. Load out is 1 day in (friday), and Monday thru Thursday remains. But, it's a sloped farmer's field and we recently received 4+ inches of rain over a 3 day span. Mud city.

  19. #19crane operator2024-04-06 14:34

    Things go high/low? I didn’t watch any of the sale.

  20. #20heymccall2024-04-06 16:57

    Some a little low, others high. Stupid online bidding, though. Hunyady called several closed too quickly, and proxibid said bids were still coming in. Connectivity to proxibid required rebooting for several of our neighboring competitors who weren't able to bid for intervals at a time.