I'm interested in a change of scenery wondering the best place to go was? Most money to be made? Biggest jobs?
No one here can answer this question???????
How the H do expect anyone to answer this kind of a question? No idea of experience, what machines, what part of the country, the hemisphere, the continent. Pay is based on a lot of things and what may be high to someone else may not be to you. If you want a general question like that answered you had better provide more information.
dude if u live in the us go to vegas get in local 12 and wait 6 months you might get called out the rate is about 40 an hour. good luck can head.
You could work for Ritchie Bros running scrapers across the auction block. Other then that scraper work is pretty slim.
College. That is a good place to be. That, or a tavern.
I guess to be more specific I was just curious where there was any boom in the industry right now. If its related to scraper work because that is what I know, then great, if not oh well. I was simlpy trying to strike up a conversation that could maybe help someone out who is looking for a good place to be. Seems to me though that alot of people want to argue rather then converse...
Lots of work in Canada, our economy is good.
There is a lot of dirt being moved here in California with all the leve work taking place, that being said there are also a lot of good operators still home, waiting for a call.
If you can get the clearance to work up here, there seems to be lots of scraper work in Alberta, Canada.
where do you begin to get clearance to work up there? DOes it just start with a passport? Where does comeone begin because i myself am looking into it...but remember, the tax rate is about 60% if remember correctly..so keep that in mind folks
Somebody's fed you a huge line of bull if that's what they told you. The highest tax bracket in Alberta is only 39%. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html#federal As for clearance to work here, I'm not sure of the process, but you have to get a work permit from the government.
I was curious as too how long the season is? Pretty cold up north
We need Scraper Operators now in Tyler, Texas.
How much work and what's the equipment and wage scale like?
They were starting at 18/hour but I think it's going up to 23. 8 months work on front end
Front end of what? Is this for scraper hands? I would prefer to be in a pushcat. But if its a push pull spread I'd run a scraper providing its newer iron preferably with a "G" on the side of it.
Cat 631 and 637 Scrapers (cab & AC): Tyler, Texas
Pushcats? Model and series please. I've run B model 21's with cab and air that don't mean they was nice. Lol
Scrapers are 631 d air conditioned and cushion hitch and push tractors are d9l c dozer and d9l straight dozer both have air conditioners
Thank u very much for the info. Does this company have a website where I can look farther into this?
www.ch2m.com If you are interested give me a call 720-286-2374. I'm their recruiter.
Keep the answers coming guys
It's cold up here during the winter, but summers get nice and warm. Typically season starts in May and runs through October, sometimes longer. It would start earlier, but it's usually too wet, though sometimes they can start earlier.
Close to the same "season" we have here. What do guys do in the off season?
I'm just tired of running old equipment... Like to go somwhere with new iron