Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where to buy cutting edge?

wilddanz71 ยท 2010-12-23 19:04

I have a Jcb skidsteer with a 66" bucket, I think it is not an OEM bucket The tag is missing. I need a new bolt on cutting edge the holes start 3" in from the ends and are about 12" on center. Any one know of a good online source to find this edge that will bolt right on with no drilling? thanks dan

Replies7
  1. #1Diggedirt2010-12-23 21:29

    One option Not an online source but I hope this helps. Sometimes a more common cutting edge is less money than the exact one for your bucket. I have found that a backhoe edge that is wider than my skid bucket is easier to acquire and costs less than the original replacement edge. The factor that you have to confirm is the 12" hole spacing. If it works out you could get a longer edge for a better price and cut it to fit your bucket. I even use the scrap to make side cutters for the corners of the bucket. Your local equipment dealers may be able to help you out.

  2. #2wilddanz712010-12-24 08:31

    thats not a bad idea, I mite look into that as an option. any one got any other sugestions?

  3. #3QuickTrax2010-12-24 10:27

    You need to call an aftermarket parts dealer with the exact length, bolt spacing, and bolt hole size. The size will be either 5/8 or 3/4 bolt hole. We sell a lot of cutting edges for different skid steers and the measurements usually end up matching a bobcat edge. The aftermarket edge is usually about $150 cheaper than the bobcat edges. Good Luck, Quick Trax

  4. #4maxamillion672010-12-24 12:32

    You should be able to take it off and take it to a local machine shop the may have one that will work or can get one that will.

  5. #5Lee-online2010-12-24 12:47

    Remember the edge can be flipped if it hasn't been already.

  6. #6TriHonu2010-12-26 19:10

    Discount Steel stocks CUTTING EDGE in a number of sizes. Here is the Online Metals Order Page for 1055 Cutting Edge.

  7. #7digsalot2011-01-29 22:54

    Thanks, TriHohu. Great website.