Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where to find 1:50 scale accesories for Model Diorama

Patriots88 ยท 2009-03-09 22:40

Hey guys, I'm looking into building a road scene diorama with some of my equipment and was wondering where the best place to get 1:50 scale construction men figures, cones/barrels, trees, etc. all in 1:50 scale. Also I was wondering where I could find a good model of a 1:50 scale concrete truck with front unloading. I found one at 3000toys.com and it was $220 ...... a little pricey for me and it also had a lot more axles on it then the ones around where I'm from have. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Patriots88

Replies19
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2009-03-10 00:10

    The front loader might be hard to find an inexpensive version of, but try this www.dhsdiecast.com They really cater to the construction and crane models, and the prices are fair and service great. They also have a forum site with a lot of model collectors and builders, so you can find nearly anything.

  2. #2alco2009-03-10 01:00

    My suggestion would be Buffalo Road Imports. www.constructionscalemodels.com The service, pricing and selection is great. One thing though, I would call or use the shopping cart on the website, not just e-mail them. They do take a while to reply to just plain old e-mails sometimes. I found DHS to have a good selection, and fair pricing, but the customer service sucks. Of all of the orders I have placed over the last 4 or 5 years, I'd be pretty generous if I said they got the shipping instructions right on more than 2 or 3 of them. They promise the world, but do whatever they want in the end. Brian

  3. #3liebherr11602009-03-10 20:05

    Ive dealt with both DHS and Buffalo Road ..both offer selection and diversity and price ... Haven't had an ounce of trouble with either ...always fast and courteous ...

  4. #4Graham2009-03-17 17:47

    I usually buy from DHS. Now for the Norscot Cat models I would check out your local Cat dealer, I was able to get a 950G for $23! For trees, check out a hobby shop, I like Hobby Lobby, and I use Woodland scenics products, they have culverts, trees, scaled gravel, grass, etc.

  5. #5Patriots882009-03-19 20:45

    hey guys thanks for all the input. I'll definitely will look into it all. thanks, patriots88

  6. #6alan627b2009-03-20 00:58

    Don't overlook O scale (1/48) train distributors, there are a fair number of accessories available. Walthers.com is the first to pop into my mind. Then look at the staggering amount of stuff for HO scale, and try not to get depressed.... happy hunting! Alan627b

  7. #7cat345bl2009-03-28 15:17

    Lionel make 1/48 construction barrels and signs.They loog great next to 1/50 scale machines.There about 8$ a dozen for both signs and cones.If your local train shop carries lionel they should have them in stock. http://www.lionelstore.com/site/product.cfm?id=133BA353-C916-4172-814D9E9F86A9BE7E For tress, senic express makes good trees.You can get a pack of them for about 10$ for 3 trees.

  8. #8mudmaker2009-03-28 16:54

    I dont think I have seen a Front Discharge in 1/50 scale. I have a couple in 1/34th made by First Gear, but checking their website all that is the only scale they make it in. They do have some other nice 1/50th scale trucks and equipment.

  9. #9Lashlander2009-03-28 23:18

    http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/search_results.cfm?oem_id=186

  10. #10mudmaker2009-03-28 23:24

    WOW! I really didnt need to see a website like that! LOL!!

  11. #11hummer132009-04-08 09:29

    http://www.scenicexpress.com/ They have a great selection of all different stuff. JAson

  12. #12BigIron252009-04-22 20:27

    DHS diecast also has scale model barrels, signs, operators, barricades and barriers, loads, culverts etc etc in 1/50th scale.

  13. #13N.CarolinaDozer2009-05-01 23:27

    Barrels View attachment barrels.bmp Bedding Boxes View attachment bedding box.bmp Chains with hooks View attachment chains with hooks.bmp Fuel Tanks View attachment fuel tank.bmp Shakels View attachment shackels.bmp Found a good diecast site with a lot of accesories. www.evot-usa.com

  14. #14Skidsteer12009-10-16 22:11

    Websites I like DHS and 3000 toys.com but the one web site that I found to get models at and the most reasonable prices is toysforcollectors.com He is fair on time and on top of things if it comes in damaged

  15. #15Skidsteer12009-10-16 22:13

    Pavers Does anyone know where I can find 1/50th scale pavers with tracks

  16. #16Skidsteer12009-10-16 22:18

    pavers [Does anyone know where I can fine 1/50th scale models of Caterpillar Pavers

  17. #17Andre Grondin2009-10-19 13:19

    Patriot88 ! PM me at [email protected] regarding front discharger !

  18. #18Diecasttoys2010-01-10 10:16

    I have the Cat AP105O Paver in my collection. Visit www.diecastconstructiontoys.com for pics. The Cat AP1050 by NZG is a discontinued model but can be found on eBay from time to time. Unfortunately it is a bit expensive.

  19. #19George Sedlock2010-09-15 23:10

    for figures try woodlandsenics,lifelike,preiser all 1/48 or 'o'scale check the walthers 'o'scale catalog