I'm look for the transmission temp gauge for an '84 JD 550A crawler dozer. Any have any ideas?
Hate to ask the obvious, but doesn't John Deere sell them? If not maybe go to a NAPA or other parts house and look through their books on gauges for generic transmission oil temperature gauges. Or if all else fails go to a Cat dealer and find the oldest parts guy and have him look up a transmission/torque converter gauge for anyone of many older machines. If you can't find a mechanical gauge, if that is what you have now, an electric gauge should work fine as long as you get the matching sender, just be sure it is for the correct voltage, 12 or 24 volt, of the 550A
Apparently Deere does still sell it, but it's insanely expensive? Stewart Warner is your friend I think....
http://www.stewartwarner.com/en-US/...ransmission-Oil-(electrical)--P-N-122269.aspx Stewart Warner has electric and standard gauges. Don't know if the JD digital read out or is a standard round panel mount. Gauge comes with electric sender unit. Didn't check to see if they have both 12 and 24VDC. My local NAPA can get them. Hope the link works, came from the Stewart Warner product web site.
I think the 555's are 12 volt but I won't swear to it. For 24V you order this accessory also: http://www.stewartwarner.com/en-US/...tage-Adapters-(24-to-12-VDC)--P-N-122356.aspx
Just for fun I did look up the Cat converter Temp. mechanical gauge for an old 966C. Those go for around $75.00!
The Deere one appears to be electric and a couple minutes online found prices from around $400, upwards to near a grand.... For that price I'd install a damn espresso maker that spit out a cup of coffee for me when it got good and hot!
Wow that you very much. Deere seems to be awful proud of that product!
And people complain about Cat prices????? I did a search online for that Stewart Warner gauge HD21A posted and found one at SummitRacing for $19.29 and that includes the sender!
I dont complain about Cat prices Volvo on the other hand
and Komatsu.....
Yes and JCB!!! Plus sometimes a simple part is only available as part of an assembly.