Hi, Need to move some heavy machine shop equipment from St. Louis MO to Anaheim, CA. It looks like I need a low boy trailer since the equipment is 124" tall. Where can I find a trucking company to do this? Vic
Here's a place that sends your needs out for bids. I've heard a lot of good things about this company and even had them bid a job for me (the need fell through). http://www.uship.com/
Do not use USHIP if there is any value to the equipment to be shipped, if you need an example of why, watch the the tv show "Shipping Wars". Since you will probably need a double drop deck you will need to find a more specialized carrier. Try Landstar, Universal Am/Can or Keen.
Give these guys a call for a quote Rushway Inc 9990 Hillview Rd Newcastle, CA 95658 (530) 888-6536
I've used Uship a few times. I've had good luck with them. If you're worried about getting a careful shipper you can check their ratings. Inter USA their prices are usually pretty good but there's lots of truckers that put sky high bids on there to try to make big bucks. I have a few trucking companies I also check prices to compare with. For example I had a load out of LA coming to Alberta here and Uship bids were 11-14k and one of my usual trucking companies brot it for 5700. On the other hand I had a partial load brot from LA as well and the trucking companies I contacted wanted for 4k and I posted it on Uship and got it carried for 2400. As a side note I got to know Marc from "Storage Wars" through a Uship load he hauled for me just before the first season aired. It was already taped. He talked about that show being a very tweaked version of real life. One of the loads he hauled for me is pictured on his website. snortnboartransport.com
Select transportation here in St. Louis specializes in heavy equipment hauling. Here is their website http://selecttransportinc.com/