Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where to find parts?

jonathanks ยท 2019-10-04 18:14

Hello all. I'm sure that I'm missing something, but surprised that I'd not seen a thread on where to locate parts. Is there a place where folks have posted yard locations that are breaking equipment up. I've done a fair amount of internet searches and come up with the the big yards that make sure you find them online. Have read a number of postings from folks and occasionally come up with something new. Haven't seen a post that is dedicated to where these smaller or not necessarily online nor advertised yards are. Chances are, I just haven't looked the right way. I'd appreciate any suggestions, and if this turns out to become what I'm looking for to help others looking for parts, that would be good too. In particular, I'm looking for CAT 951c parts, but, what are you looking for, and where did you find 'em?

Replies5
  1. #1skata2019-10-04 23:32

    Have you tried machinery trader? https://www.machinerytrader.com/lis...ines/list/manufacturer/caterpillar/model/951c

  2. #2Nige2019-10-05 05:12

    based on your location - Offroad Equipment in Alcoa TN - www.offroadeq.com/

  3. #3DIYDAVE2019-10-05 20:44

    In my long ranging searches of local junkyards, I have found many parts, that'll work, with a little fabrication, welding, additions or subtractions of garage door hanger strut(or stop sign breakaway poles), self drilling screws, baling wire, Duct tape, etc... But I guess you'd be wanting parts with numbers on 'em... Don't worry, I gots lots sets of number stamps, in a wide variety of sizes!

  4. #4DiscoDan2019-10-18 13:20

    kjguydfuyio

  5. #5DMiller2019-10-18 14:06

    Main condition is when looking for parts anywhere place at least the S/N Prefix on the requests as that narrows the search to a specific parts group on the 951C.