Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where to get a used cab for a JCB 1400B

johndeere123 ยท 2013-04-16 23:32

I have a JCB 1400B and the cab is pretty much finished. Does anyone know where I would look for one? I cant seem to find any in my area or online so far. I would like one that comes with the glass and doors. Mine is so far gone I don't think it is worth repairing. Also will a cab of a 1500 or 1700 fit a 1400 machine?

Replies4
  1. #1robin yates uk2013-04-17 00:09

    I'm not sure what you mean by saying the cab is nearly finished

  2. #2johndeere1232013-04-17 00:43

    It is all rusted out, the vertical columns are rusted through, below the front window is coming apart so bad the window is starting to slide down. The machine plowed snow and drove around on salted roads its whole life until I bought it. The floor has holes through it, but that is fixable. I am not really willing to tackle rebuilding all of the window frames and supports. And i think it may be cheaper to buy a cab from another machine than have someone rebuild mine.

  3. #3robin yates uk2013-04-17 00:45

    ok, thanks for the explanation.Good luck

  4. #4flatlander2013-04-17 10:17

    Good luck in finding a cab, seems like any cab parts are hard to find, been looking for case 580sl door for months here in the states. Repairing looks like the best way to go.