Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which 953 to buy??

LeakyBoot ยท 2010-08-23 09:44

Looking for a 953B or c model. Two current prospects: 1995 very slick B model. One owner and was kept inside when not in use. Is currently having a new engine and undercarriage put on. Downside, has over 14000 hrs. Price is around 40K. Other option is a 98 C model with 4400 hrs and 80 percent undercarriage. This is the rounded hood model. Both have factory air. Price is 45K. I'd be on this one in a second but I hear so much bad about the electronics and no tilt cab, hydo's etc. I like to do as much work on my equipment as I can and hate to have to pay out big bucks everytime it messes up. Comments??

Replies1
  1. #1powerjoke2010-08-23 14:52

    wow, i can tell you not to buy the B for $40k thats for sure lol, my last B was a '95 with 85% u/c and A/C and i was happy to get $25k outta it. the early C's such as the 96-98 stay away from, they are nothing but trouble from what i understand, and besides that its still $20k to high. Pj