Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which cat model to buy?

Mark.10 · 2020-11-22 02:33

hello I’m new here, Im looking for advice which model of a mini excavator to buy. I need it to make holes about 4 feet square in heavy clay. Other nice things that it could do would be to clean trenches, grade simplemclsy or rocky roads and move heavy rocks (although not as important as the digging holes) Thank you so much!

Replies2
  1. #1scottwolowich2020-11-27 18:20

    What is your budget, do you need to haul the machine and if so, what kind of truck/trailer do you have? How deep of 4x4 hole? Moving rocks you will like a hydraulic thumb for sure.

  2. #2skyking12020-11-27 18:28

    Scott asked the pertinent questions. Almost anything will get to 4' deep, I was just specing a little door crawler that will dig a flat bottom at 4'. A 35 will be overkill, unless you get more detailed about those rocks.