Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which Fluke meter…87-V or 88-V?

RLU_tech ยท 2017-11-06 21:31

I am interested in upgrading my DVOM. I currently have a Fluke 115 and really like it. I want to take my 115 home and get either an 87-V or 88-V for at work. I understand that they both have pros and cons. I just would like some opinions on which one is better for our line of work.

Replies1
  1. #1HDMRice2017-11-13 20:24

    If you're going to be spending all that cash on an 87 or 88, why not take a look at the 28-II? It has the IP67 certification, which means its dust, oil, and water proof/resistant. I've found that is more important as a mechanic then the majority of the options these meters come with. Its also drop resistant up to 3m I believe, but there have been destruction tests done on it that show it to be much more durable then that. The 28II is a bit more expensive, but has very similar features to the other two. Its the one I plan on getting next, anyways.