Hello all, I am about to pull the trigger on a excavator finally. I have narrowed to down to a few models. Looking at Deere machines as we have good service in this area for Deere. The machines that I am considering are a 200D, 230C, 240D, and a 210G. The primary jobs would be farm work, residential demo, smaller commercial demo, land clearing, and drainage ditch work. Budget is 150K and I have found 2 machines that I am very interested in, but I don't know which way to go. I am looking for a machine with a hydraulic thumb, and sub 4000 hours. I have found a 210G (9'6" stick) with 26xx hours that is still under factory warranty for a while and that is a big positive to me. I personally feel that this machine would accomplish everything we need it to do and then some, but another business member feels we need a larger machine. The other hoe is a 240D (11' 10" stick) with 29xx hours with no warranty, and it is priced 30k above the 210G. 2' longer reach, and a bit more weight. Out of these two machines and the jobs I am seeking to do what would you guys suggest? Is the 240D going to be much more of a machine than a 210G? The other business member is trying to compare specs of these machines to a 410G backhoe as he ( as well as myself ) don't really have very much experience with a excavator. I feel the two machines can't be compared, but reach and digging depth are important when it comes to some of the ditch work we do. TIA!
Hell no, $30k will buy way more diesel than the 3t advantage could possibly give.
I feel the 240D's are under powered for their size. We have a bunch of 210G's on rent and all the guys seem to like them, also a few 200D's on rent that are holding up pretty well. If you think you need a bigger machine step up to the 250. We have a Zx250-5 and it's a horse.
How are you going to move it and how often?
A lowboy and one of our trucks. As to how often depends how often we are working. Work will shut down come planting season and harvest season. (We farm, this will be side work) One thing I am not sure of is the cost of an annual over width permit in Illinois. Anyone have any info on that?
the 210 should do every thing that it sound's like you will be doing most of the time you see the 240 size machines mainly in pipe work for the lift and reach to handle trench boxes. most customers won't pay more for the larger machine be cause its not that much more production
Not sure about Ill, but in Mo, I have an OSOW blanket permit which allows us to travel on any major road and costs $132.00 per year. Major interstates have some restrictions, so we stay off of those to prevent problems.