Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which Make should we buy?

rickw ยท 2019-09-22 07:10

Looking to buy a fork lift. Propane not electric. It will be for occasional use. There are plenty for sale In the Dayton/Columbus/Cincinnati OH area. Seems like we can get one for $5-10k with 5000-8000 hrs. Most are approx. 5 yrs old or a little more. Toyota, Nissan,Yale are the makes I mostly see. Is there a make to stay away from? I see units on here with 12,000-18,000 hrs on them! Any help or comments would be helpful!

Replies3
  1. #1crane operator2019-09-22 13:36

    Most of those small propane forklifts are made to do thousands upon thousands of hours in a factory, three shifts of work for years on end with little or poor or no maintence. If they have 15,000 hours on them, you know they have the bugs worked out of them already. My small propane lift is a yale, but I wouldn't be a bit afraid of a toyota or nissan either. They are simple little machines and super handy in the shop. I really doubt that spending $10,000 instead of $5,000 will get you any longer lasting of a lift, I'd buy as cheap of a decent one as you can.

  2. #2skata2019-09-22 14:25

    Go here and buy one and save a bunch. https://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/search.ips#sm=0&l2=USA-OH&k=Forklift&**=1

  3. #3rickw2019-09-26 06:38

    Thanks for the reply. They must be built pretty good to put that many hrs on them!