Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which mini should I get?

josephny ยท 2022-06-23 19:40

I've had a Kubota KX41-2 for a bunch of years and it has served me well. I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade. This is for personal use (farm and construction). I also have a PC160 for larger work. I am hoping someone could recommend which mini would be a wise purchase (used)? Something a little bigger than the KX41-2 would be good. Thank you!

Replies16
  1. #1Keith Merrell2022-06-23 22:07

    Takeuchi TB260

  2. #2CM19952022-06-23 22:59

    Will you have to move it on a regular basis or will it be used on one property?

  3. #3josephny2022-06-24 03:42

    Very rarely will I have to move it.

  4. #4josephny2022-06-24 04:30

    That looks like a great machine.

  5. #5uffex2022-06-24 04:37

    Good day If you are keeping long term consider parts availability, service costs if you have a dealer nearby the cost of visits will be less. Always insist on both service & parts manual including schematics, these may not jump out as necessary but down the line prove valuable.See attached for more advice. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6CM19952022-06-24 09:57

    10-4. That opens up the the base of machines to pick from. A Tak TB 260 is 12K machine which pretty much puts it into CDL territory to move but if you don't have to move it no worries. A 12K lb machine is a great size mini.

  7. #7FWD2022-06-24 18:22

    Just make sure you have a dealer to support it. We have a good Kubota dealer not too far, and a couple of Bobcat dealers, the closest one, I don't much care for, the second dealer, a little further away, is good. Makes a difference if you need help. FWD

  8. #8CM19952022-06-24 18:28

    X2 - The dealer is just as important as the brand IMO.

  9. #9Keith Merrell2022-06-24 20:51

    I started with a Kubota KX040 and it had about 3300 hrs on it. Endless electrical and DPF problems. What a crap machine, and at the same time the dealer was terrible. So far I really like my Takeuchi but the dealer support is not strong here in Arizona. However, all the parts come out of Georgia when I have had to get something. Great power, smooth, seems to have the emissions down on it thus far... Much cheaper than Cat

  10. #10josephny2022-06-25 06:49

    Thank you all. Looking at the slightly-used market and I see that they are in the mid to upper 60k's range. Guess it's been a while since I went shopping.

  11. #11John Sarappa2022-06-26 09:16

    I have a Tak 260 for sale in Nj for 55. Has thumb and extra bucket.

  12. #12John Sarappa2022-06-26 09:17

    1000 hrs

  13. #13josephny2022-06-26 12:28

    What year?

  14. #14John Sarappa2022-06-26 17:35

    I have to check the invoice tomorrow.

  15. #15John Sarappa2022-06-29 06:36

    2018

  16. #16josephny2022-06-29 07:32

    PM sent.