Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which new 5ton mini??

Mojock · 2020-07-05 15:45

New to the forum, but have been reading info on here for years. looking at buying a new 5 ton mini X with a cab. It seems to be a good time to buy new with manufacturers offering a lot of incentives. In the process of getting some pricing now. So far, I like the price and warranty(4yr/4k hours) of the Yanmar sv40. Dealer quoted $47k w/ 4 way blade and 2 buckets (12", 24"). Seems like the price would be hard to beat, but still checking around. Any advice or experience on the Yanmar or other machine brands would be helpful. Any pricing of guys that recently purchased machines..etc. Options? Not sure i need a 4 way blade?? This will be my first excavator. I have rented a lot of different sizes and brands over the years for my Landscape company and my farm. Im starting to transition into more dirt work, Finish grade, land clearing, driveways, drainage, etc. I am building some relationships with some home builders now. I see myself getting out of the landscaping business in a few years, 15+ years in business and 20+ in the landscape industry i am really burnt out. I find running a machine all day to be relaxing(especially in the AC) to some extent and something i can do as i get older. I have owned a Case TR320 skid steer for several years that will be paired with the new excavator. Appreciate any input or advice!

Replies55
  1. #1CM19952020-07-05 18:18

    Welcome to Mojock! Glad to have you. That sounds like a great price on a 10K mini. I don't have much experience with Yanmar but they make great engines and I can only assume their compact equipment is top notch as well. What is the dealer like? Is it a real heavy equipment dealer with service trucks and a parts warehouse or a dealer that sells chainsaws and lawnmowers that has a few mini's on the yard?

  2. #2OTG AuGres2020-07-05 18:40

    I’m currently demo’ing a Bobcat E50 R2. Got to say I’m pretty impressed with it. I’ve got a Bobcat e42 and in my opinion the difference between the two is significant. On paper the bucket breakout on the e42 actually wins, but the arm force and lifting capacity of the e50 is significantly greater. I spent a few hours pulling stumps and there is no comparison between the two. I’m leaning towards upgrading. Plan to take a look at the Kubota as well. The price you posted looks really good compared to what I’m seeing here in Michigan. I predominately use my equipment for land clearing and maintenance. Very little true digging work.

  3. #3KSSS2020-07-05 21:16

    That price does seem very good on the Yanmar. As i have said before there are a few around here and I dont hear anything negative about them. As far as warranty, that is a pretty solid warranty, Wacker Neuson has a 5 year warranty on their machines. I am not aware of anyone topping these two (Yanmar or WN) on warranty. The only issue I personally have not been able to wrap my head around, is the low spec numbers that Yanmar typically has in comparison to similar sized machines from other OEMs. I have never demoed one to make an "in the dirt" comparison to another, but on paper they don't seem as strong as some others performance wise. However, spec numbers dont always tell the whole story. You demo one, and if does what you need it to do, then the numbers dont really matter.

  4. #4Mojock2020-07-05 23:51

    Dealer is Vermeer Heartland in Knoxville, TN. I have had no previous dealings with them before. So it would be a leap of faith somewhat. It does appear to be a larger dealership and they do offer onsite service. I know Yanmar makes great engines and that is one reason im considering them.

  5. #5Mojock2020-07-05 23:55

    I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on Bobcat since Doosan took over so im a little skeptical, plus they are on the higher end of pricing from what im seeing. I do like the Kubota machines a lot, waiting to hear back on pricing on the KX40. But looks like it might be about $10k higher.

  6. #6Norwegian Steam2020-07-05 23:57

    honestly cant beat the CAT, but the Deere 50G or the Volvo would be the next best choices.

  7. #7Mojock2020-07-06 00:06

    KSSS, thanks for the reply. I have read a lot of helpful info from your posts in the past. Very helpful, thank you. Mainly on the Case TR320 i purchased used when i was doing research on it. It has been a good machine but has had some issues along the way and i have recognized some of the design flaws, but still gets it done for now. I think the spec numbers on this new Yanmar SV40 are supposed to be some of the best in class, but at 9500lbs they have it listed in the 4ton class i believe. Also considering the Vio50. Seems most of the 5 ton 40hp machines are a lot more money. Buying used is not something i want to consider after dumping about $5k out the gate after buying the Case used a couple years ago and still having a payment on it. I have rented a couple Wacker machines and dealer seems to be good. But the AC sucked on them i do remember. I would prefer to get a machine with a Kubota or Yanmar engine. What have you been using in the comparable class machine?

  8. #8Mojock2020-07-06 00:23

    I would love to get a Cat because im sure it would be a very solid machine, but not sure i can afford it. Cant spend $80k. Deere is supposed to be getting me a price but im thinking they might be to rich for my blood as well. Volvo doesnt have a comparable machine from what i have seen. Volvo has a 25hp 9k lb but jumps to a 49hp 12.5k lb machine i believe. The Deere is a 35hp but i would like to stay around the 35-40 hp range and close to 10k lb for towing.

  9. #9Welder Dave2020-07-06 00:37

    Cat doesn't always get the best reviews.

  10. #10KSSS2020-07-06 15:24

    I am using a Takeuchi TB153FR. This is my third one. Taki is soon to release the new version of this machine. I ran a prototype of that machine and i really liked it. Near zero swing, and zero tail but you can shift the boom over so it will dump like a typical conventional excavator. I have an order ready to drop when the dealer can officially order them. This machine will have a Kubota engine, which I am less than excited about, all my others have had the Yanmar which I am happy with. Having run CAT mini excavators, the best thing I have found on the machine is the name. I have not seen them perform as well as other machines. Although the new 306 I think could be a class leading excavator, have not run one yet, but they improved a lot of the shortcomings of the 305.5 machine it looks like. WN released recently an ET42. If your looking for a machine in that weight class you may want to have a look. I spent some time testing it against competitive machines and it is a beast for its size. The cab and AC are improved (WN realized that the AC performance was an issue on older machines). It would certainly be worth a look in comparison to the Yanmar.

  11. #11John Canfield2020-07-06 19:38

    My 2019 Bobcat cab E42 was about $62k out the door, I paid cash so that was about a $2500 credit and we are ag exempt so no sales tax . Radio, ripper, 12"', 24" and a 40" grading bucket. Also a 500 pound optional weight on the tail (mainly sold for the extended boom model.) I'm wishing I ordered the 7 way blade (or whatever way) since I've found the hoe so useful for maintaining my roads.

  12. #12Don.S2020-07-06 21:01

    My boss bought a kubota u55 -4 and it is absolute trash in my opinion. The fuel cap allows dirt into the filler neck, if the thumb has not been activated and the machine goes into a regeneration you can not activate the thumb.The cab is so small, the pedals are not centered to the seat, the controls and arm rests are too low so i have to have the seat right down with no suspension to feel a little comfortable, the seat does not move far enough back. I have to hold my legs together because i always hit them with the joysticks. If you put the back rest back it blocks the cabin air intake. I can keep going on with more stuff wrong with it. Sorry for the rant

  13. #13OTG AuGres2020-07-06 21:46

    I’ve got just shy of 300 hours on both my e42 and my t595 CTL. Honestly, I’ve had really good fortune with the Bobcats. I had to have the dealer readjust the hydraulics on the e42 (slow operation) and a few leaks here and there on both machines. Overall, I have no complaints. My salesman bends over backwards for me, so that’s a plus. I not aware of the perceived issues with Doosan, but I don’t have any issues.

  14. #14Canuck Digger2020-07-06 22:08

    I've had had couple of yanmars and in my opinion only, they're probably one of the most underrated machines on the market. So reliable. They were the first to the market with a zero tail swing machine. Hydraulic quick change is standard. They're not flashy. Their dealer network isn't as big as most of the bigger players, but you're also not paying for the big overheads. Keep in mind their re-sale won't be as high. "Nobody is going to pay you more to show up at a job site with a machine that cost 10K more."

  15. #15John Canfield2020-07-07 17:37

    My E42 has about 130 hours on it and I've had zero problems with it aside from 2 glitches when brand new. One pin wouldn't take grease and the slider window on the right side leaked. Dealer took good care of me. The AC will freeze your rear off and happens to cool the cup holder, a design bonus. The track tension has been stable after I pumped in some grease at 10 hours. One PITA is 2 Zerks on the quick connect that are difficult to reach unless the bucket is curled just right. The thumb control for boom swing way too sensitive, wish that could be dialed down. Mine is the "M" series, the new E42 and E50 are the "R" series. I looked at an E32 which was an "R" series and it took the salesman and me about 5 minutes to figure out how to open the two piece side cover. Mine is one piece and is easy to open.

  16. #16NepeanGC2020-07-07 19:13

    I too am an e42 owner. Ours has just shy of 500 hours on it as of this week. We've got the long arm with bolt on counterweight and run a steelwrist tilt rotator with a 48" grading bucket. Works great. No major issues, but there are some quirks. Like no remote grease fitting for the inside pivot of boom swing cylinder. Oil fill location is stupid. No issues with any of our Doosan engines, though its really too soon to tell I think.

  17. #17OTG AuGres2020-07-07 20:04

    +++ on the quick connect grease zerks and the way to sensitive boom control. I’ve got a 2017 m series with the extendible arm. The extendible arm control is on the RH joystick and the thumb and boom share the LH joystick. There is a toggle switch on the LH console next to the wiper switch that toggles between the two. I don’t use the boom control very often, so it’s nice that it’s a deliberate move to make it happen. The e50R2 that I’m demoing has the boom on the LH joystick and the thumb on the RH. That boom control is just as sensitive or more so than it is on the e42, and it happens to be in the same location as the thumb on my machine. It wakes you up when you go full switch on the boom. You’re right, a means to tone it down a tad would be nice.

  18. #18farmboy5552020-07-07 20:57

    I have a vio 20 and vio55 Yanmar’s no complaints here probably be adding a vio35 soon

  19. #19Orest Anhel2020-07-07 21:23

    My Vio 35-3 has treated me very well. Love the hydraulic pin grabber as it can fit a wide variety of buckets

  20. #20Flat Thunder Channel2020-07-08 00:31

    I have used rental units from Kubota and Bobcat. I always preferred the Kubota U35, but never had and issue with either brand. I used them predominately for digging around a foundation. I think dealer support and replacement component availability would be an important point. If I ever make the leap I would probably stick with Kubota. I made an attempt to buy a burnt up Kubota a few weeks ago. I am disappointed I didn't win the auction, but happy to dodge that bullet. Like I need another project! Share videos of the unit you purchase. It is fun to see machines and machine reviews from real consumers. Cheers,

  21. #21Norwegian Steam2020-07-08 00:47

    the justification for the CAT price tag is purely business. You'll hear operators start in with all that "Cat is all i run, my daddy ran CAT, its the best, blah blah" ******** but honestly the machines from Deer, Cat, Komatsu etc are all about on par with one another. The big difference comes in the support from the dealer network and the resale value and ability to get out from under the machine quickly if you need to. The best example I can think of is anecdotal but worth mentioning. I was working for a contractor running a CAT 615 scraper which is a machine that didnt see big production numbers and hasnt been made in a long time. A hard line blew and I pulled the fender apart and yanked the blown line. I went down to the local dealer and they identified the part and had a new line in my hands, from Illinois, within 24 hours. that machine was only down for one day. it was back making money again right away. Ive worked for other dealers, worked for several contractors, CATs dealer network has support that is head and shoulders above any of the other brands. Additionally, the used market for CAT machines isnt just strong price wise, its quick. you can sell a used CAT machine much more quickly and for a better resale than any of the competitors.

  22. #22suladas2020-07-08 01:30

    I've had that numerous times with my Volvo and they can fly in parts from anywhere in North America in 24 hours, i've yet to have a part I need not available next day, and the shipping is very cheap. So no, Cat is nothing special there at all. And i'm in Canada, getting a part across the border next day is a lot more impressive then just across across the states. I call BS there to. Want a machine sold quick? Take it to Ritchie Bro's and it'll sell fast and pretty much always what it's worth, or more. I guarantee you buy a Cat compared to another good brand like Volvo for 5 years then compare parts cost, downtime cost, resale value and they will come out ontop of Cat on average. You'll never recoup the higher initial cost, as well as generally higher parts cost.

  23. #23Norwegian Steam2020-07-08 01:35

    we've got Volvo excavators and loaders as well and I can assure you your experience with Volvo's dealer network is not one we have shared. Ritchie is also a quarterly auction, there is a big difference between getting rid of a machine in a week and waiting 90 days. no need for you to get so defensive, your Volvo is a great machine.

  24. #24Welder Dave2020-07-08 02:09

    On an older machine you cannot beat Cat for parts availability and support. Is Cat always the best machine, no but Cat is generally the gold standard for parts and service support. Sometimes it comes down to a specific dealer though. Cat generally does get higher resale prices but it depends on the specific machine. Cat hasn't been the market leader by a big margin because they don't look after their customers. In order for other manufacturers to compete with Cat in big market area's they HAVE to have good parts availability and service support. As far as parts prices they can all be ridiculous and nobody has a monopoly on that. I know a large sand and gravel outfit that had some Volvo loaders they really liked. Said they were more productive than Cat. Service was great at first but as they got a few hours the support kind of fell off and if they needed a tech. to come out for warranty sometimes they had to wait a few days to a week. They demo'd a Cat loader that was a new model and really liked it too. The big difference was the Cat dealer went out of their way to provide service support when they needed it. They have a fairly large fleet of equipment and say the Cat dealer is head and shoulders above anyone else as far as parts and service support. The outfit generally likes to replace machines when the warranties run out.

  25. #25John Canfield2020-07-08 13:18

    I had my eye on a low hour Cat mini-ex with a cab but the closest Cat dealer is about 85 miles away. When I had the Komatsu D39 dozer I had to drive about that far to buy a set of keys, decided I would stick with a local dealer for my equipment purchases.

  26. #26suladas2020-07-08 15:18

    Well it depends on the time of year but here they have some auctions every 4-6 weeks and I can assure you at least here the paint on the machine doesn't dictate how quickly it sells in most cases. When I was buying my Volvo I was concerned about dealer support as i'd never dealt with Strongco before, the seller was really straight up so I asked him, his comment was they were great and maybe the companies who've had a different experience should try paying their bills on time. No idea if it's true, but they've been the best dealer i've ever dealt with. But if they got great support to start and it got worse, maybe they were slow at paying and the dealer prioritized better customers first? Might be a good way to know if Cat's service falls off in a few years too if it's maybe the customer. Lots in stock, gets me anything fast, and the service guy has helped me for free numerous times. When I first bought it he took me into the shop and showed me a similar machine and things to watch for, where some things were to service, etc. I've never owned anything Cat, but I did have a 225 Deere and Brandt was absolutely terrible, to the point i'd have a hard time buying anything Deere again that isn't a CTL that there is other dealers for, although i'm not too fond of the Deere CTL anyway. And Komastu? Wouldn't even think of it either. Dealing with them for my Takeuchi has been a nightmare, for a massive dealer network also they are a complete joke. Parts guys know nothing, they stock nothing, shipping prices are insane, and for free shipping you wait for them to place an order which is 1-2 weeks. Cat i'm sure must be good, but it seems awfully foolish to me to pay more for the same quality, or less, and more for parts because of the name and in virtually all cases at least from the equipment i've looked at, not get anymore for it when selling. And for most breakdowns at least in my experience, they aren't even brand specific if I really want to I could have sourced the parts elsewhere.

  27. #27Welder Dave2020-07-08 20:24

    You're commenting on Cat service and support yet never owned a Cat, Wow! The operation I know generally buys new trucks every 3 years. New Kenworth dump trucks with aluminum box and quad axle trailer with aluminum box were around $250,000 several years ago. I know because they donated some gravel to my track and it was the first load on a new truck. Suggesting they don't pay their bills is ludicrous! I'd guess they have 10 million worth of equipment or more. Like I said they liked the Volvo loaders but Finning provided much better service. What dealer isn't going to tell you they have great service and suggesting companies get poorer service because they haven't paid their bills on time? Sounds like a line a used car dealer would use. There are several contractors on this forum that run Cat for the same reasons the outfit I know does. Cat has a lot of machines that are competitively priced with other name brand machines. Despite what you think Cat does generally get higher resale prices. Just like a lot of farmers run JD equipment. It's not necessarily better and is often more expensive but the dealer network is much stronger.

  28. #28suladas2020-07-08 23:35

    I was not making an assumption, I was simply guessing at why. 10 million in equipment and assuming they pay their bills because of it? Wrong. You're in Alberta right? Think Devlin, Voice, Precision trenching, etc paid their bills? Nope a ton of companies lost a lot of money when they went bankrupt. In many cases the bigger the company the worse they pay because they think people will cater to them. I can assure you service quality will decline for companies who are slow at paying. I'm not saying it's the reason it happened, but it is a possibility. I've heard plenty of bad about Finning's service and Cat issues to know they are nothing special and not to buy into the extra money for the paint color and many others are the same. Sure if you got the right buyer there is a very small segment of the market willing to pay more for the paint depending on the piece of equipment.

  29. #29Welder Dave2020-07-08 23:53

    Finning had problems when they tried to get rid of the union and use a logistics company for parts. It was an epic failure and they went back to doing parts in house. Cat is the market leader by a big margin so obviously have many customers. You're making a lot of assumptions. Look at big customers like Sureway who certainly rely on Finning. They have 10's of millions of of Cat equipment. They had a big problem with Finning when they went with the logistics company. One of their gravel operations was losing 50K a day waiting for a piston. What I heard was Finning picked up the tab since they are a multi-million dollar customer. You aren't qualified to comment on Finning's service or parts support if you've never owned anything Cat. Everything is third party but there are lots of Cat customers on this forum who have nothing but good to say about the dealer they use and Cat support. Of course some dealers have dropped the ball.

  30. #30Mojock2020-07-09 00:04

    I do believe Cat makes a good solid machine normally. And i would say in the equipment world are the best overall probably. I have heard from a lot of people that their service and parts availability are the best as well. They have no doubt set the bar. But for me i cant justify the extra money in my position. They may have the best resale, but to me that doesnt matter much if im spending $15-20k more on a compact machine. I am trying to find the best quality and performance in a machine for the money, with a good dealer who can offer good service. Fortunately, i have about 7-8 good brands within a 20 min drive. So far i am still leaning toward a Yanmar. Here is some of the pricing i have gotten in writing so far. Disregard the price on the sv40 in 1st post. Dealer quoted machine wrong originally. No taxes, I have Ag card tax free exempt Yanmar VIO50 Cab, thumb, std blade, 2 buckets $52k Yanmar SV40 Cab, thumb, std blade, 2 buckets $50k Kubota KX040 Cab, thumb, 6way blade, 2 buckets $66k Deere 50G Cab, thumb, 4 way blade, 2 buckets $67k Cat 304 Cab, thumb, std blade, 2 buckets $68k Takeuchi TB250 Cab, thumb, std blade, 2 buckets - Been waiting for call back for 3 days?? I am leaning heavily toward the Yanmar VIO50 at this point for obvious reasons. $14k is a big difference. A difference i cant see in looking at the machines. Especially when most run the Yanmar engine anyways. And the Yanmar has the best warranty by far. Volvo, Case, New Holland, Wacker are others i was considering but they dont offer a machine in 10k lb 40 hp range im looking at, as far as i know. Side note: Why the hell do all the dealers advertise they offer 0% financing.. but you got to pay sticker price of thousands $ more. And the sales guys tell you right away you will pay way more in the end and your payment will be higher. What a scam! Thanks for all the replies!

  31. #31KSSS2020-07-10 00:03

    Agreed on the zero interest scam. Zero interest when you buy a pickup, tends to mean that. The price is the same, you just get zero interest, not so on heavy equipment.

  32. #32suladas2020-07-10 02:37

    The best 0% interest is paying cash! Isn't it funny how you can finance a vehicle for 0% for 7 years and it will be virtually worthless in many cases, but a piece of equipment that will hold it's value much better, it's not a true 0% and even to get that scam it has to be a 2 or 3 year term....

  33. #33Orest Anhel2020-07-10 18:21

    Sure you don't want the angle blade option?

  34. #34Mojock2020-07-10 18:33

    I dont have the luxury of paying cash unfortunately. Although i understand debt is a lot more risk, i would be no where if i did not have debt/credit. I came up from nothing and no help. I do have a lot of equipment paid for now. And i have spent extra money paying interest over the years, financing machinery and trucks. But it was what was necessary for me to grow my business rapidly enough to not miss out on making more money. I agree pay cash if you can but dont let it hold back your business growth either. The key is smart financing, with good credit, and not going crazy with what and how much you buy. As far as equipment holding its value really well, i agree completely. I really dont see the benefit of buying used again. Especially after dumping about $10k into my Case CTL the last 2 years after i bought it with only 700 hours on it.

  35. #35Mojock2020-07-10 18:40

    I do have my eye on one that has a 4 way blade that im thinking of pulling the trigger on. Its in stock and has everything else i want on it. Im sure it would be very useful and maybe be better for resale one day as well

  36. #36John Canfield2020-07-10 18:48

    Get the angle blade!

  37. #37Don.S2020-07-10 21:42

    Do you guys really use the blade that much? I find it faster to move material and level with the bucket. I hardly ever use it to push with i mostly just use it to level my machine, back drag and to stop the machine from sliding on steep wet hills. I could never imagine paying extra for a angle blade.

  38. #38Welder Dave2020-07-10 21:44

    It would be handy for back filling trenches.

  39. #39suladas2020-07-11 00:52

    I use it for grading and pushing material away but not a lot, it's too slow. However the 2 speed on my mini doesn't work so that's partly why and I try to move the machine as little as possible. I know I wouldn't bother with an angle blade.

  40. #40Orest Anhel2020-07-11 00:55

    Use my blade all the time for levelling and spreading material

  41. #41OTG AuGres2020-07-11 08:47

    I’ve got the angle blade on my e42. I’ve decided to upgrade to an e50 and elected not to get the angle blade. My reasons: 1. Although I use the angle function on the blade occasionally, it’s not a job breaker. Honestly, having tilt would be more useful to me than angle. 2. At least on Bobcat, the fixed blades appear much more robust than the angle models. 3. The angle blade option on the e50 is over $3k. It’s definitely not worth that much to me. 4. It’s another thing to maintain and/or to break. More grease points, more hydraulic hoses and fittings to potentially leak, another cylinder to fail.

  42. #42John Canfield2020-07-11 09:14

    Same here in certain situations. Grading with tracked equipment is much easier than using a tractor on tires. On the other hand, my tractor with bucket and box blade is much faster but I can't maneuver it in tight situations like I can the mini-ex. I have a top and tilt on my box blade which is extremely useful. So what I'm saying is they both have their strong points.

  43. #43CM19952020-07-11 10:57

    I agree. Personally I like a mix of paid for older equipment and newer iron with a note. A good balance is having 50-75% of your iron paid for and only 25-50% of your iron with a note. You have to upgrade your fleet as your equipment ages but the the paid for equipment can help pay for the newer iron with notes. If times get bad you can offload the iron with notes and still have something to put food on the table with.

  44. #44Mojock2020-07-13 23:32

    Good info and opinions on the blade option. Im kinda leaning to not getting the blade option now. After thinking about it, i dont think its a neccessity, and its an extra $3k+. Other than the Cab being a luxury(maybe) trying to just keep it simple as to what i actually need out of the machine. And keep away from "all the bells and whistles" for the most part. Im sure the blade would be useful but i can get the job done with out it for now. I thought my decision was pretty well made up on the Yanmar but now im not so sure. I called the Takeuchi dealer back after them never returning my call a week ago about a price on a TB250. I was about to give up on them.. thinking.. if they cant even return a sales call..why should i bother. Spoke with the same salesman again and he immeadiately remembered me and started to apologise, saying he lost my number(honest mistake maybe). He kept apologising and said he was gonna make me a good deal to make up for it. TB250 Cab, Std blade, thumb, coupler, 24" bucket 60,800 before tax Pretty good price i think. Had another dealer quote same machine but with angle blad for $67k I like the fact the Tak has the better pto flow(20.9vs24.9), hydro power and bigger cab than the Yanmar. Is the Tak worth the extra $8-9k?? I like Yanmars price, warranty, and the machine overall. Reliabilty is there on both i think. Especially having the same engine. i think i would be happy with either. I dont know im really torn between the 2 now. Geez.. i thought i was done looking!!

  45. #45Mojock2020-07-13 23:41

    Thats good business advice and strategy! For the most part i have always reinvested most all of my money back into the business. Even then it was difficult for me to have enough capital to invest in equipment to keep up with growth of business and its needs. Even multimillion dollar companies borrow money to expand. Just have to have a sound strategy and try to limit the risk. I never could stand to listen to Dave Ramsey for this same reason. Its not realistic in every situation to start/grow/expand a business effectively with out financing.

  46. #46John Canfield2020-07-14 08:50

    I would include a 12" trenching bucket and a 40-something inch grading bucket. Does the Tak have a quick attach system to change implements?

  47. #47Orest Anhel2020-07-14 10:23

    The pin grabber on my Yanmar Vio 35 allows me to use buckets with (going from memory here) 35-40 mm pin diameter, 7 to 10+ inches pin spread and 5+ inches between bucket ears. Currently using Kubota, Cat and Yanmar mini ex buckets plus a Case backhoe bucket off a trencher hoe. The Tank quick attach I have seen looks like a variant on a Wain Roy which is not all that common when shopping used or off the shelf buckets.

  48. #48John Canfield2020-07-14 10:51

    That just reminded me of something about the Kubota - you can put the bucket on backwards. Could have used that to clean out some of my ditches, the Bobcat doesn't have that feature.

  49. #49tom bell2020-07-20 19:48

    Mojock, was that 52k price on the vi050 with 0%? Up here in the northeast I see them a year or 2 old with a few 100 hours asking for more. And the takeuchi tb250 for 61k was that 0% too? I was leaning kubota just in case I ever needed to sell figure it would be easier but that may be enough of a difference to me. Oh and thanks for all the quotes, nice to see some real #s

  50. #50Mark132020-07-20 23:24

    I picked up a TB260 at the very end of last year and am quite happy with the machine and it's setup. I haven't used it much, only about 140hrs so far but I'd buy another. If the TB250 is anything like the 260 it's laid out pretty well, fairly good on fuel, roomy cab, smooth, and quick. I did not get the angle blade option as it was around $3600 on my machine and so far I don't really see where I'd have justified the extra expense on the variety of work I've done with it. If it came down to the angle blade vs a cab I'd be getting the cab. I've used mine in everything from freezing temps to torrential downpours to 95* day's working off of a freshly paved parking lot. I've been warm and dry or cool and dry in all conditions vs wet, cold, and mad but looking at my angle blade. As far as a coupler, the dealer by me set them all up with a Tag setup which I didn't want so I had them remove it and I bought the machine bare. I've heard of others doing the same thing and going with a different companies setup for the buckets, thumb, etc.

  51. #51KSSS2020-07-21 09:41

    That comment is pretty funny, and very true! I am not sure what TAG's connection with Taki is. They could certainly do better than TAG. My dealer here orders them bare and puts Werk Brau on. It would be nice if Taki would put a pin grabber style coupler on it right from the start like Yanmar and others do. Only rental companies find value in that Wain Roy coupler, and Taki sells a lot of machines to rental companies, so I am guessing that is why Taki and TAG seem to be tight.

  52. #52Mojock2020-07-26 21:18

    Ended up getting the Yanmar Vio50 with Cab, thumb, and angle blade. 2 buckets. $52k before tax. I wasnt going to get the angle blade. I had the dealer ordering a cab machine with standard blade. A day later salesman calls me and says they really need to move the machine on the lot with the angle blade and they gave it to me for the same price as the standard blade model. Not sure if i will use the angle blade much but hard to turn down that deal. And the price of the Yanmar really made my mind up. Tak TB250 was a close 2nd but the salesman was not responsive or very helpful at all. Never returned my calls, etc. Actually still waiting on him to return that last call. lol. Im not going to beg someone to sell me a machine. Put about 6 hours on it around the farm over the weekend and im really happy with the machine so far. I think it will do everything i need it to do. Appreciate all the input from you guys even though i pretty much had my mind made due to the big price difference in brands.

  53. #53servicedonkey2020-07-27 09:00

    Congratulations....How about some pictures please...

  54. #54John Canfield2020-07-27 10:20

    You got a heck of a deal. I just saw one on Machinerytrader with 430 hours for $56k.

  55. #55Mojock2020-07-27 23:56