Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which older type wheel trencher to buy?

rancher2 ยท 2018-01-25 20:06

Not for sure were to post this. I am looking at some older wheel trenchers for installing tile on my own farms. Looking at spending $30,000 and under. Tracks or wheel? Brands? Any advice is welcomed.

Replies5
  1. #1DIYDAVE2018-01-25 21:01

    How deep you wanna go?

  2. #2rancher22018-01-25 22:19

    Probably won't need to go any deeper than 5 to 6 ft so most of the older machines I have seen that is what they will dig.

  3. #3rancher22018-01-26 20:41

    No body on here do any field tile with old wheel trenchers?

  4. #4Bumpsteer2018-01-26 23:31

    Haven't seen a wheel trencher around here in 25 years...all plows now. Purpose built, tractor mounted or pull type and one set-up on an old D8 cat. Ed

  5. #5rancher22018-01-27 10:09

    Not a lot of tiling going on in my area but I now what you are saying most people have moved on to plows I don't have tractors that big. There are a few in Iowa for sale but most are up in Ohio were a lot of tiling went on years ago and today. Costs a lot to get one hauled from Ohio to Nebraska.