I am looking at buying a tracked skid steer to use in my poultry houses and on the farm. I want a cab and joystick control. I am unsure on the size machine and wether or not I need high flow. I was looking at the bobcat t190. I am limited on height to less than 80". I will be using it to push litter, load litter mainly and was thinking about getting a brush cutter ( they come in none high flow versions.) I was looking at a high volume litter bucket for the pushing and loading. I may also get a composter/windrower ( not sure if they have to have high flow or not.) I will be using a root grapple also for cleaning up some brush piles to get the dirt out. What are the recommendations? I not stuck on a brand and I am gonna buy used. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Be careful buying high hr track machine tons of components. Try search this forum had great thread on what to check on used track machine. FYI I am also interested in t190. Just got burned hard older skidsteer. Tons on brake downs. Pretty sure they discontinued this model for 2013. Great finance/incentives on brand new t190s. (I am not salesmen honestly shopping this week for t190, good relationship with local dealer)
Welcome to HEF, Brandon. I have a Bobcat 773 Turbo, equivalent to the S185 or rubber-tired version of the T190. Though the tracked T190's footprint (effective "wheelbase") is more favorable for a brush mower than the 773/S185, I find that for much brush mowing, the T190 size machine is undersized for handling the brush mower, except on super smooth conditions. ( You probably have more level terrain than we have. . . but its not the smooth easy stuff that you are considering a brush mower for, is it? I don't own a brush mower, instead rent one some times. I like the Blue Diamond mowers. Now that my farm is cleaned up, I do most of my mowing with the batwing and tractor. I like the T190 for small jobs, but it seems underpowered to me. Same hp as my 773 but. . . more traction. Better traction, but more traction than power. Check with other farmers. I see most poultry barns cleaned with rubber-tired machines. They are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain. With tracks, you'll need to clean the roller assemblies most every day--pressure washing is probably the only way. But. . . listen to these other guys, they know a lot--I learn from them daily.
I am looking at the tracked machine because that is what the last people cleaned my houses out with. They said the traction was way better than a wheeled machine. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
T190 are good machines for the most part, I do agree that you will have MUCH better traction with a track machine vs a wheeled machine. I just dont care for the closed cab at all LOL
The cab is a must with the dust. When pushing litter the fans are behind you pulling the dust over the bucket right in your face. I went from a non cab to a cab tractor bc of this. I have a lot less sinus problems now.
Well how much money you wanna spend? I am guessing you are not too worried if the job takes a little longer to do, as such you could go for a smaller machine, which is cheaper to run and buy. However if you want to fit attachments you have to research what the requirements are for these attachments.
Hello Brandon , I run a T190 for my operation with open station. I do custom cleanout as well as manage a 12 house broiler farm and a seperate Grading company building Poultry farms. I have also lowered the top on my machine since we do a lot of breeder houses and needed extra clearance from the nest. I have the top of the cab 1/2" lower than the back arms , it was all finished back so the machine looks factory unless your around them daily and notice the height difference. As far as power if handles broiler litter very well , i use a 7' bucket i built and this also lets the machine run the walls and still clear side braces. When we are in Hen litter that is wet the 7' bucket is too much weight and will bring the rear up. We started a windrow program last year and i purchased a 9' snowplow to windrow with - it was way to much for the machine , just not enough weight to windrow with. I highly recommend a track machine for cleanout , no comparison on the floor quality with tracks. And a plus - i never show up in the morning to start loading and have a Flat tire !!! As long as the litter is normal and not Super Caked , on Broiler litter the tracks stay completely clean. The longer the bottom of the bucket is,the easier it is to not make a dip in a wet spot. I rent a machine from time to time and have stopped getting a cab machine , every Bobcat i have rented has a terrible A/C system , they dont like dust and feathers. Once you run them a few hours you can look at your clothes and you are covered in a layer of Dust. I have used John Deere and had good results with the newer D series , i believe they have a Positive pressure cab, but aside from that i would stay with a Bobcat. A two speed would be extremly useful when you are pushing up. I use a spreader bucket on mine and a Bradco bushhog some and have had no issues with the Hydraulics , but they are not used on daily basis.
The Cat C series is also a positive presssure cab.
They are gonna bring a t250 to the farm next week to demo
The T250's are a carry-over model, most likely out of production by now. That makes them less expensive than the M series loaders, and the dealers have more factory incentives. One of the (advertised) improvments touted for the M-series loaders is the "positive pressure" cab air system. The T250's don't have the latest pressurized cab system--you've said that is an important feature for you. In that size class, compare the older-design T250 with the newer M-series T630 . Get your dealer to demo for you, too.
The positive pressure cab would be great but I am looking at a used machine. The cab In general will keep must dust out. I am looking to spend 30k not 65k
I would go with the T-190 as well. Its small enough to get around your poultry house. Plenty of power and they are pretty redily available.